Paint Pen And The Buffing Process ...

Hello.. As I was about to order basecote, clearcote and primer I noticed there were more options.. What do I need..

There is rubbing compound and acrylic lacquer thiner.. There is a ton of other things on this site. https://www.paintscratch.com

Right now I have a nickle paint chip to the metal.. This moron who detailed my car just applied some paint to it.. Now the rust is coming through. Also I have a few little nicks in the paint here and there.

MY STEPS TO SUCCESS!!

I figure a good cleaning.. Then sand that chip down and add primer, base and clearcote.. Then I am going to use Klasse All in one to strip car... Then use 7424 and sonus 2 to polish car.. After that I am going to use the Klasse Glaze.

Plesae say a prayer and wish me luck. Ohh yeah some advice will also help..

MY STEPS TO SUCCESS!!

I figure a good cleaning.. Then sand that chip down and add primer, base and clearcote..  Then I am going to use Klasse All in one to strip car... Then use 7424 and sonus 2 to polish car.. After that I am going to use the Klasse Glaze.

Plesae say a prayer and wish me luck. Ohh yeah some advice will also help..

The correct steps are as follows.

1.Sand area on and around chip.

2.Fill chip with primer.(You dont want to totally fill the chip with primer, but just below the surface.)

3. Add base coat color so this to is just below the surface of the rest of the uneffect paint.

4. Now go ahead and finish filling the chip with the clear.

5 wetsand the clear with 1500 et/dry sand paper. (Be sure and use the sandpaper wet, keep a bolw of water or bucket to keep the paper soaking wet.

Once the repaired spot has been wet sanded and it is level with the rest of the suraounding paint, the next step is polishing.

6.Use sonus SFX-1 with the orange DAS pad or yellow SFX pad.

Polish until the sanding marks are completly gone.

7.Change to greens(das) or White SFX pad and Sonus SFX polish

8.Last polishing step is SFX-3 and DAS Blue pad or SFX blue pad.

9 Foirst protecting step. Wash blue pad off and use the AIO over the entire car.

Go back and wipe off.

10. Place buffing bonnet over blue pad(no need to wash pad) and apply 1-2 ounces of Sealant glaze for the entire car!

Let set for 1 hour, wipe off... enjoy!

If any of the AIO or SG streaks, just wipe with a detail spray or a damp micro fiber towel, then follow up with a dry towel.

Good luck and please post some pictures!!

I am going to order the pen, brush applicator, primer and clearcote tonight..

The scratches and nicks are random. Some are small and there is a few inch long scratches.

Now I also bought some 1000 grit sand paper. So I am going to practice all my skills on my ford contour before I work on the LEXUS.