Pillar Moldings

Any one have any experience replacing theirs? Mine are shot from the sun.

Wow, the planets must be in alignment! I was thinking of mentioning this to my Lexus friends! lol

I looked on ebay for replacements, but the only way to replace original would be to order them new. (from the site I sent you for the lights), since they tend to fade from the sun (more like peel if you know what I'm talking about)

I think they pop off and on, so replacing shouldn't be a big problem

Here's what I did. I went with a custom carbon fiber (CF) replacement. They glue on (to the originals) with 3M backing and look fantastic!

I was actually going to suggest this to other Lexus owners and see if I can get a group buy thing going.

I'm not a paying member, so I can't post in the 4 sale section, but if anyone here's interested I could see what I could work out. I paid $75 plus shipping.

I'm just a huge C.F. fan, but these could also be done in chrome and silver as well as different C.F. colors.

If anyone's interested, email me: jaysquared@yahoo.com

I'll post pics soon

They pull on & off easy enough. Just unsnap them & get some at a pick a pull that matches color wise. You can use any Camry platform pillar.

If you want gauge clusters, the 198X-1992 Mustang pillar is a pretty good fit. Easier to find than Camry platform pillars that's for sure. Better get some double sided tape tho, the screw that holds the top of them in isn't fitting on a Lexus!

yeah- I would order them from that web site- but i heard it was tricky replacing them. I would stick to OEM, although CF looks kewl

Check this out brotha:

Pillar Moldings

As Toysrme wrote, this should be an easy pull. There are two retainer clips behind the moldings. I guess just be careful so you don't snap the clips...although you could always order those as well LOL

And, for $35 each, I think it's a good investment. I wish I would've thought of this sooner. Maybe I'll get a set and use the CF ones for show.

Oooohohhhhhhohohohohoohoshohohoohhohohhohohoooho

I thought we were talking about the A-pillars. My bad! Guess I spend too much time around performance oriented stuff! LoL!

Directions are still pretty much the same, they snap out if you're careful. Do a search, a lot of people have swapped to new, chrome, or carbon fiber parts.

yeah- I would order them from that web site- but i heard it was tricky replacing them. I would stick to OEM, although CF looks kewl

Check this out brotha:

Pillar Moldings

As Toysrme wrote, this should be an easy pull. There are two retainer clips behind the moldings. I guess just be careful so you don't snap the clips...although you could always order those as well LOL

And, for $35 each, I think it's a good investment. I wish I would've thought of this sooner. Maybe I'll get a set and use the CF ones for show.

Nice place but you need to add shippingng and handling on it(15% I think). ere is a better site with FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS!

*SEE a topic I asked on***

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=18685&hl=

Nice place but you need to add shippingng and handling on it(15% I think). ere is a better site with FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS!

Did you look at the difference in prices? The prices on the site you're suggesting are about 9% higher than on the site I used, but with the free shipping, as opposed to 15% on the site I use, it does come out cheaper. On higher prices items (like the lenses I'm going to order) it definitely makes a difference. Thanks for the heads up!

Supercat

Did you look at the difference in prices? The prices on the site you're suggesting are about 9% higher than on the site I used, but with the free shipping, as opposed to 15% on the site I use, it does come out cheaper. On higher prices items (like the lenses I'm going to order) it definitely makes a difference. Thanks for the heads up!

Supercat

??????????I know for me, these website has the cheapest parts I can find, on OEM.

There price...79.09

Newlexusparts...78.76 (still cheaper)!!! :D :pirate: :D :D :D :D