Mp3 Players

choiboyogg

as some of you know, i just got a new ls.

my problem is my cd changer doesnt eject and i think pursuing to get it fixed might be more money/problems than its worth.

so my questions is,

how many of you guys know of a way to use the stock oem head unit with a third party mp3 player like an ipod?

is there a output where i can connect the ipod to?

any other ideas?

Tape adapter is the way to go if you're looking for a cheap, easy and quick solution. If you want to hardwire, I'm not sure that you can dicectly connect an OEM system to, say, an iPod. You will most likely need a new head unit and an iPod adapter. Clairion makes very good systems, however some are pricey. If you look in the righ places on their site, www.clairion.com, you can find several head units in the $200-$300 range, and an iPod adapter for around $150.

As I was flying across the pacific I looked that the skytravel magazine.

Well in there was this device that plugs into cigarette lighter and transmits MP3's.

There are a few different options, but I am going to try one.

http://chinasuppliers.alibaba.com/search/c..._Lighter/4.html

I know in the past I bought one for a home setup and it sucked, but maybe now they are better. Anyone have any experience?

I have a MP3 player that I use in my 1998 LS400. It is the Creative Zen Extra. It holds about 10,000 songs (40 gig) and cost about $279. I use it mostly when I travel. I use the Belkin Comcast II (modulator) $39-$49 to interface with my radio. It sends a wireless signal to your FM radio. The key is to get a modulator that allows you to change to different radio stations. They broadcast to a vacant station without causing any interference. But as you travel you may need to find a different station that is vacant. I put it in the center console of my LS, and no wires are visible, so you can't even tell it is there. I have 3,400 plus songs on mine and without having to touch it while travelling never hear the same song twice . I was skeptical about MP3 players, but my brother talked me into getting one, and it is one of the best entertainment investments I have made. I not only use it in the car, but connect it to my home stereo, earphones, a speaker case, and a small stereo my wife has on the counter, all with excellent results. Hope this helps you decide, but I say go for it, you will love the versatility and sound.

Check out EBAY..

Also does IPOD MP3's only work on IPOD stuff.. What I am trying to say is I have about 2,000 MP3 songs that are in the MP3 format. Not encripted with Apple security format.

So all these IPOD products will not play my songs?

So I guess I am going to spend 30 bucks for the lighter charged transmitter for my generic 1 gig player. 30 bucks so I can play my own songs.

Cheers.

i asked a friend with an ipod and it does play mp3.

i think i am going to go with the icruze option. i am going to bestbuy to find out more about it.

but most likely will get it though ebay since they are going for $150 instead of bestbuy's $250 sticker price.