98-05 Gs Led Concept Lights

Would you buy these lights?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy these lights?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (please explain)

We are currently in the process of producing aftermarket tail lights for the 2nd Gen GS. We have decided that red/clear LED lighting will be the best way to go. These lights will debut at around 300-400 USD. The lights are not OEM, but are made by an aftermarket manufacturer that produces OEM lighting components for several different OEM companies. The LED bulbs are very high quality and has a very low burn out rate. In such cases, a 90 days warranty will be offered.

A prototype should be release within 6-9 weeks and if everything goes accordingly, the lights will be released for sale in 12-16 weeks.
All opinions would be appreciated.

gsconcepts.jpg

BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY.......BUY........It has now been 18 months since this was posted. I cant wait to buy these tail lights. I just checked www.LexusMods.com site and nothing yet. When is the release date? What is the scoop coupe?

• 7 months later...

Huh, let's see: $600 for lights, or $600 for headers? $700 for lights, or $700 for torque converter? LED's, or LSD? What good are tail lights when you can't pull off fast enough for someone to see them?

Why doesn't someone figure out what mods the Lexus Grand Prix team is doing to the 430 and work on developing those? Or polish off a reliable supercharger system? I'd vote for that one.

I like my lights just fine. I just want to go mo fasta.

Thanks for that Steve! You have to put some people in their place sometimes! =)

Put some people in their place???I thought I was asked wether I would buy these lights or not and simply stated my opinion.Its amazing how defensive people get when its not the answer they want to hear.

I like the overall design of the lights however, I'm still undecided if I like the LED's better than regular bulbs. If I had the $$$ laying around I'd probably buy them; but as for saving up - I'd try to get my hands on a PI torque converter and suspension work first! I agree that the car needs more go first... especially with V6's that are pulling same HP figures as our GS4XX @ a lower vehicle size/weight. IS350, Maxima, Altima SER, G35 Etc. But the lights do look nice and clean though!

Nick

i would buy a pair, please post final pic & price when they are finish, one question though, i have a 98 gs400 & when i upgraded to the 01 tail lights my check tail bulbs indictator came on my dashboard. will these tail lights do the same thing??????

i would buy a pair, please post final pic & price when they are finish, one question though, i have a 98 gs400 & when i upgraded to the 01 tail lights my check tail bulbs indictator came on my dashboard. will these tail lights do the same thing??????

You know there is a cure for this problem.

I saw these on a GS the other day on the highway and they looked about an inch or inch and a half thick.

Same thickness as the regular lights with the amber and white on the bottom. Except its all white. Its a really clear white to....really stands out. They make the car look so different. Much more classier in my opinion. Especially if you have a dark colored car.

I guess this project went down the toilet since no one has posted an update. Oh well... :(