98-05 Gs Led Concept Lights

Would you buy these lights?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy these lights?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (please explain)

We are currently in the process of producing aftermarket tail lights for the 2nd Gen GS. We have decided that red/clear LED lighting will be the best way to go. These lights will debut at around 300-400 USD. The lights are not OEM, but are made by an aftermarket manufacturer that produces OEM lighting components for several different OEM companies. The LED bulbs are very high quality and has a very low burn out rate. In such cases, a 90 days warranty will be offered. A prototype should be release within 6-9 weeks and if everything goes accordingly, the lights will be released for sale in 12-16 weeks. All opinions would be appreciated.

gsconcepts.jpg

youve got this topic going on club l e x u s dotcom as well. buddy, i said it before and ill say it again. if you clear the bottom and do the chrome, like the junction produce tails. you will NOT be able to keep these on the shelves, hands down they well sell themselves. theyll have the style of the new infinity g35 led tails, and the class of that chrome bottom section of the jp gs's...YOU HAVE TO DO IT MAN. WITH YOUR OWN CHOICE ON HOW THESE LIGHTS GET MADE YOU WILL BE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE IF YOU DONT. right now these look like the KAZZ copies but with LED...just redo that bottom section like the JP's or extremely similar and you guys will be set. right now this looks like a set of tails id buy for my civic, so you gotta do this! if you want me to call the design team myself to explain why and how much this will help these lights sell, i can point them towards a huge following of lexus owners that wouldnt blink an eye before shelling out the cash for these if you matched the look the JP tails created. lol, good luck and you let me know whats up. i know on the other board you said you already sent the design specs over to get ok'd and yada yada yada, having said that, you must know what they are designed to look like..if its not like the JP's on the bottom section, you really need to take that plan back and resubmit after its fixed....ill email you a pic of the JP tails if youre not familiar with them so you can do the work.

These look awesome, just the way they are. Just make sure you include LEDs for the turn signals and reverse and you are set. And make the turn signals that nice bright white color. It would be nice to get the DOT approval on them too with a certificate included in the box with the product just in case the pigs have any problems.

Would it be possible to make the turn signal covers a little more clear?

It looks much sharper than the originals.

LuxuryMods, Yeah these are the ones send me a set and I will report on all coments and wear factors. MrLexo where are you ?

I'm not sure how the signal lights/reverse lights are going to work yet, but most likely they'll be the original bulb sizes.

We will have a prototype within 2 months for fitment and quality. If everything goes accordingly, we'll be releasing these in about 4 months.

youve got this topic going on club l e x u s dotcom as well. buddy, i said it before and ill say it again. if you clear the bottom and do the chrome, like the junction produce tails. you will NOT be able to keep these on the shelves, hands down they well sell themselves. theyll have the style of the new infinity g35 led tails, and the class of that chrome bottom section of the jp gs's...YOU HAVE TO DO IT MAN. WITH YOUR OWN CHOICE ON HOW THESE LIGHTS GET MADE YOU WILL BE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE IF YOU DONT. right now these look like the KAZZ copies but with LED...just redo that bottom section like the JP's or extremely similar and you guys will be set. right now this looks like a set of tails id buy for my civic, so you gotta do this! if you want me to call the design team myself to explain why and how much this will help these lights sell, i can point them towards a huge following of lexus owners that wouldnt blink an eye before shelling out the cash for these if you matched the look the JP tails created. lol, good luck and you let me know whats up. i know on the other board you said you already sent the design specs over to get ok'd and yada yada yada, having said that, you must know what they are designed to look like..if its not like the JP's on the bottom section, you really need to take that plan back and resubmit after its fixed....ill email you a pic of the JP tails if youre not familiar with them so you can do the work.

I agree.Minus the chrome.Im not really big on led though I think it looks cheap!

I love the LED's because they have that "INSTANT" on and off unlike bulbs which take longer to burn at full brightness.

White turning singnals would be the coolest. In LED's of course.

LED's are the thing of the future.

Instant on?My taillights are bright enough.LEDs might be the a preferred lighting of the future but for styling it looks cheap.LED tailights are for 16 year olds who spend too much time at autozone! :lol:

At night I think HID and LEDs attract more attention from highway patrols. I don't mean disrespect to law enforcers, but I am considering downgrade HID to the regular bulb. Yes, they also look cheap to me.

If you think HID and LED tailights attract attention that is fine.

But then you would not be interested in the product now would you!

So adding your 2 cents doesn't make and sense to this topic except to add a negative tone.

Now if you think it looks bad then i feel bad for you since in a few more years every car will have HID's and LED's.

This is an upgrade to advance current models to automotive trends of the near future.

Both use less power than normal lighting technology which is horible ineifficent.

I agree, LED's will be the thing of the future (cars, traffic lights...etc.), primarily b/c it last longer compared to regular halogens and saves a lot more energy.

The Crystal Clear look is definitely the right fit. :D

Instant on?My taillights are bright enough.LEDs might be the a preferred lighting of the future but for styling it looks cheap.LED tailights are for 16 year olds who spend too much time at autozone! :lol:

Well Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Rolls Royce, Range Rover, Bentley, Maybach, Lamborghini, Ferrari all disagree with you since they put LED lighting on their new vehicles.

As for white LED turn signals, that can never be DOT legal. Turn signals MUST be amber or red.

Well, I know the positives that LED and HID has to offer, and it's the trend of the future. But personal taste is just that, a personal taste, and it's all good. No need to feel bad for me. :)

If you think HID and LED tailights attract attention that is fine.

But then you would not be interested in the product now would you!

So adding your 2 cents doesn't make and sense to this topic except to add a negative tone.

Now if you think it looks bad then i feel bad for you since in a few more years every car will have HID's and LED's.

This is an upgrade to advance current models to automotive trends of the near future.

Both use less power than normal lighting technology which is horible ineifficent.

Wasnt trying to add a neg. tone was asked to explain why I didny like them so I did.Everyone has diff.taste and theyre just not for me.If you like them go for them Im sure Ive done some mods others wouldnt like.

You should start taking down payments for this...i hope you dont sell out in 1 day :(

ive wanted these for soooo long but couldnt afford to pay $1300!

I'd love a set, I will start saving. Iam sure that I will recover something by selling my old set. B)

• 3 months later...