Dust All Over The Interior Of Your Car?

LexKid630

I use my air compressor and blow out my cars. My wife even does hers. You open all the doors and blow the dust and everything else out the other side. You need a decent size tank on your compressor though. Then I always blow out my garage floor as well. It's called an air broom in mechanics language.

First off congrats Guru member : ). I was looking at your numbers this morning and it was like nine hundred something and was thinking how long it will take me to get that high. Is there dust on your seats or just the dash area? I always get dust on that arear of my car. The other day I just ran my finger across it and that seems to do it. Sometimes I will take a rag and go acoss th esurface.

First off congrats Guru member :  ). I was looking at your numbers this morning and it was like nine hundred something and was thinking how long it will take me to get that high. Is there dust on your seats or just the dash area? I always get dust on that area of my car. The other day I just ran my finger across it and that seems to do it. Sometimes I will take a rag and go acoss the surface.

(Sorry. Hit enter)of the interior. Kennys method should work. Peronally I like to go over it with some tire shine to bring it alive. I notice more dust in the Lexus than I do in my BMW's. Maybe its just Toyotas?

thanks

I use my air compressor and blow out my cars. My wife even does hers. You open all the doors and blow the dust and everything else out the other side. You need a decent size tank on your compressor though. Then I always blow out my garage floor as well. It's called an air broom in mechanics language.

Can we use this method to clean the air ducts inside the dashboard vents, side vents, ....?

Can we install a cabin air filter on a 1990 LS?

Thanks.

Can we use this method to clean the air ducts inside the dashboard vents, side vents, ....?

I think you can but its kinda dagerouse because of the foam wrapped around the vents. Blowing too much air might cause some foam to get loose and you also might send some debris back into the blower instead out of the car. Ask some of my BMW buddies about how fun those are to replace : )

thanks

I have used all of the above mentioned suggestions before plus many more. I have now found the best way(thanks to recent technology) to remove all that pesky dust from your interior. This will also make your interior look clean without the look of being treated with a cleaning solution. Buy yourself a package of those house dust magnet sheets. They come in packs of 5 to 20 sheets. Just take 1 sheet out of the package and run it all over your interior. All the dust particules will stick to the cloth and not get redistributed elsewhere. I do my entire interior with these sheets. Simply beautiful results. Dashboard, wood trim, console, seats, vents..... Everything comes out GREAT. :D

John

I don't know about you, but i have a ton of dust all over the interior of my cars. Is there a way to remove it all?? Thanks.

Every so often, I get the same thing.......I use a swiffer! B) Fantastic little invention let me tell ya. B)

:cheers:

I have used all of the above mentioned suggestions before plus many more. I have now found the best way(thanks to recent technology) to remove all that pesky dust from your interior. This will also make your interior look clean without the look of being treated with a cleaning solution. Buy yourself a package of those house dust magnet sheets. They come in packs of 5 to 20 sheets.  Just take 1 sheet out of the package and run it all over your interior. All the dust particules will stick to the cloth and not get redistributed elsewhere. I do my entire interior with these sheets. Simply beautiful results. Dashboard, wood trim, console, seats, vents..... Everything comes out GREAT.  :D

John

I was going to say the same thing A "Swiffer" or "Pledge" static charged cloth will pick up everything on the dash, console, and seats. You'll still need a vac on the carpet though.

Thanks, all great suggestions... :cheers:

Dust just seems to collect on the dashboards, on the instrument panel :censored: and pretty much everywhere you can imagine..not a "lot" of dust just enough to notice..I don't smoke so all the dust is just "dust"..nothing harmful or anything.

I have used all of the above mentioned suggestions before plus many more. I have now found the best way(thanks to recent technology) to remove all that pesky dust from your interior. This will also make your interior look clean without the look of being treated with a cleaning solution. Buy yourself a package of those house dust magnet sheets. They come in packs of 5 to 20 sheets.  Just take 1 sheet out of the package and run it all over your interior. All the dust particules will stick to the cloth and not get redistributed elsewhere. I do my entire interior with these sheets. Simply beautiful results. Dashboard, wood trim, console, seats, vents..... Everything comes out GREAT.  :D

John

I was going to say the same thing A "Swiffer" or "Pledge" static charged cloth will pick up everything on the dash, console, and seats. You'll still need a vac on the carpet though.

Swiffer works great here too. Super for detailing. ;)

Buy yourself a package of those house dust magnet sheets. They come in packs of 5 to 20 sheets. Simply beautiful results. Dashboard, wood trim, console, seats, vents..... Everything comes out GREAT.  :D

John

Like John said, the results are excellent.

I also thought this thread was about me. :P

:)