Power-On Screen on the Nav System

I just got a new 2002 ES300 w/ the Nav System. It's great, except for the really annoying power-on screen that you get everytime you start the car. The message is something like "Do you agree not to mess with the Nav controls while you're driving," then it waits for you to hit the "I Agree" button before proceeding to anything else. I can understand the need for having this when you first take possession the car, and I'm sure there's some lawyer at Lexus who's very proud of coming up with this... but having this window pop up every time you start the car is really annoying. I'm sure there must be some back door in the code to disable this. Anyone have a clue as to how to do this?

Thanks.

-Sonny Q.

• 16 years later...

Don't know if anyone has an answer for this question yet... bugs me too. same year, same model.. es300 2002... anyone knows where i can get the updated discs for the navi too would be helpful. I bought some off of ebay but im getting an error "cannot read map dvd" or something like that.. heard somewhere that there's possibly a software update disc that needs to be run first??? anyway.. Im having all kinda trouble with this car. Only had one working key too.. no fob. Car's clean and after all these years still has low mileage and was VERY WELL maintained. It was a steal. Loving the way she drives though 馃檪聽Proud to be LOC.聽