My 95 Gets Some Work

95LS400Bob

This is gonna be a pretty wide topic. But it may help someone down the road.

My 95 LS had a rather bad door panel. I picked up 3 door panels from a guy who had wrecked his Lexus. I still have the rear door panels as mine are fine shape if someone needs them. They are tan color.

I picked up a driver seat that was also in the wreck. The back didn't sit straight on the seat so I transferred the leather to my good seat. This is quite a job and pretty involved. I know some of you had thought about doing it. I did it and it will take you all day and then some for those considering doing it. I have a lot of seat parts left...motors, frame, etc if someone needs some parts.

Now what is left is to get the center console recovered. I hope I find someone in town to do it with leather or very close vinyl match. I also could use a passenger seat or the leather upholstery (tan color).

I priced the seat cover at Lexus which is totally crazy. The website Leatherseats.com doesn't show seat upholstery for 1995 and 1996 but they do the earlier models. Don't know why that is.

And my pet peave is the center caps for the chrome 10 slot wheels. I have a missing Gold Logo and was never able to find just a logo. I found some Logo's on Ebay but they were smaller. Then I thought I got lucky and found a center cap with a gold Logo from Park Place Lexus. But when it got here, it was 7 1/2" diameter which is for an older Lexus. And stranger yet..the Logo was correct and the right size, yet on the back of the cap it said "Taiwan". Finally I just bought a generic center cap from Capitol Hubcap which is a Taiwan item and a generic logo.

The Logo I need is 2.730 wide and 2 inches high. I can use either gold or silver (I painted a silver one and it looks pretty good). I know there are a lot of different sizes out there but not sure which years are which sizes. My center caps are chrome and are 7 inches across. If someone stumbles across these logo's or caps please let me know.

The center cap I bought will get you by but not best quality for sure. The Logo is glued on and not clipped:

http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/custome...05&cat=6&page=1

Another place I found was below. They have the caps available with no logo, a generic logo or with just the slots cut in them so your original logo will fit:

http://www.prestigewheel.com/ImageLexusCapsretail.asp

Sorry. I havent even read all the way through this when you caught my interest. You wouldnt happen to have an extra headrest motor lying around? Mine has been broken for almost 2 years and I need a new one. If you do please let me know. I would love to take it off your hands : )

thanks

Sorry. I havent even read all the way through this when you caught my interest. You wouldnt happen to have an extra headrest motor lying around? Mine has been broken for almost 2 years and I need a new one.  If you do please let me know. I would love to take it off your hands : )

thanks

Yes I have a headrest motor. Sent you a pm.

I just sent a letter to Leatherseats.com asking them about getting a center console cover made in Sandstone leather (close match to the Lexus tan). I'll keep this thread posted on what they say. Also asked them if a 94 would fit as I know they make them for that.

He has patterns for all of the models I think. They run some great specials on ClubLexus group buys. They have tons of pictures in their group buy thread (their LS pattern is gorgeous!). ;)