Weapon-r Air Intake

Has anyone installed a weapon-r intake on their ES300? I am about 90% done installing one on my 97 ES, but I have one hose (from upper intake) which I'm not sure where to install onto the intake. This one was originally from the bottom part of the original air box, but there is no fitting on the intake tube to place this anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JJ

it is garbage

hey SK, im not trying to be a royal pain in the :censored: but what makes the intake garbage? filter? would it still be garbage if you swaped the filter with a k&n cone filter? would it still be garbage if you had the intake along with the ram air kit?

thanks

andrecat112

The design is garbage, it is known in the performance community that any intake system that makes the engien breath its own very hot air is nothign more than a noise maker.

Adding a pipe just for noise is of no gain other than to say you have it, it loses horespower, gas milage and maintance costs increase.

Why anyone still buys these things i have no clue but i still see spinners on integras.

Every intake is a waste of time. Nothing more than a bling pipe. There is no performance to be gained from any intake system.

Supercat if worse comes to worse drill a hole after where the MAF sits. Grab a brass fitting to fit that hole and braze it in. If you can't braze, JB weld works just peachy.

When it's set, take a new vacuum line and run it.

Every intake is a waste of time. Nothing more than a bling pipe. There is no performance to be gained from any intake system.

Supercat if worse comes to worse drill a hole after where the MAF sits. Grab a brass fitting  to fit that hole and braze it in. If you can't braze, JB weld works just peachy.

When it's set, take a new vacuum line and run it.

Hey guys,

I appreciate the feedback on the intake performance (or lack of); although I was just asking about how to install the damned thing! lol

But after I did some research, and read your comments, I realized I won't be using this after all and just getting a K&N filter to replace the stock one. Now, I'm stuck with this, but hopefully will be able to sell it on Ebay. SK, what are the chances that I'll be able to sell this? LOL

Thanks again,

Supercat

Very high, the masses are stupid.

It's a repeating cycle. Some v6 Camry platform guy will buy it. Then can't figure out how it installs.

They'll either ask on LOC/CL, or TN (Depending on what car), 50% of the people sell it again, the other half get it installed.

got one installed easily on my car,no matter hwat anyone says im extremely happy with it.

Hey Kyle, glad to hear. Post some pics, or send them to me: jaysquared@yahoo.com

I contacted the store where I bought this from and they're taking it back for store credit.

My issue was really with how poorly the whole thing was designed, the major thing being how loose the MAF sat in the seat on the intake tube. Kyle, does yours fit nicely? I'm curious. Maybe mine was defective?

I do tend to agree with the views on hot air being sucked into the motor. There IS a cold air box for this intake (by Weapn R), but it was severely back ordered. I really wanted this as it would eliminate the hot air issue, and looked BAD !Removed! as well. So I got a universal heat shield, but doubted it would work as expected.

In reality, I'm a little hesitant to mess with these motors for the reasons SK eloquently stated ;)

I was considering just keeping it and putting it on for shows (anyone going to the Delaware show later this month?), but I will get my money back and put it to good use (towards 2001 tail lenses YES!)

But, to each his own and I'm glad you're happy with your intake. I've been into modifying cars for years and believe it's up to each individual to make it his/her own. Thanks everyone for your valuable input.

Supercat

WeaponR is the shizzle. I got 20 HP more on my Civic with one. Only problem was, the way it was made, couldn't close the hood, so had to take it off. :lol::lol:

Seriously though, the hose that goes to the bottom of the airbox is usually the one that comes from the evap canister.