Cd Player

My dad just gave me his old 1996 ES300 to drive to college. It has a stock cassette player, but I was thnking of installing a cd player or sorts. The problem is that lexus, as you may know, has a solid front dashboard. Is there a way to install one without removing the center console?

My dad just gave me his old 1996 ES300 to drive to college. It has a stock cassette player, but I was thnking of installing a cd player or sorts. The problem is that lexus, as you may know, has a solid front dashboard. Is there a way to install one without removing the center console?

Try doing a search here & on the Audio forums......I'm sure you are not the only one that has wanted to do this & can probably be done for a reasonable cost. B)

:cheers:

I would suggest taking it to Circuit City and asking them to install the CD player you wish to install. Unless you know how to bypass an amp, I don't think you are going to be able to do it...if the 97 has an amp, I am not sure. I know the 94-96 does, I am in the same situation as you.