Wheels

amarslex430

I own a 01 LS 430 WITH THE 7 HAND HOLE RIMS i WANT THE SAME WHEEL EXCEPT I WANT IT CHROME. I'M IN VA AND I THINK I'VE BEEN QUOTED SOME B------ PRICES 1050.00 & 980.00 ANYBODY CAN TURN ME IN THE RIGHT DIR. I'D APPRECIATE IT. AND THE OTHER THING IS I'M DUE 60K SERVICE SHOULD I GO TO THE DEALER AND DO THE WHOLE THING OR ONLY THE IMPORTANT STUFF

i have a factory set of 16" chromes for the LS430 that are brand new , in the box. If you are intersted in them please email me at cary1952@sio.midco.net. They have never even had tires mounted on them.

Cary

I own a 01 LS 430 WITH THE 7 HAND HOLE RIMS i WANT THE SAME WHEEL EXCEPT I WANT IT CHROME. I'M IN VA AND I THINK I'VE BEEN QUOTED SOME B------ PRICES 1050.00 & 980.00 ANYBODY CAN TURN ME IN THE RIGHT DIR. I'D APPRECIATE IT. AND THE  OTHER  THING IS I'M DUE 60K SERVICE SHOULD I GO TO THE DEALER AND DO THE WHOLE THING OR ONLY THE IMPORTANT STUFF

Curious about the idea of chrome. Chrome is beautiful on Harley's, but if you look at most luxury cars they have a finished silver.

Right before I bought my LS400 wheels and tires I talked to a guy at tirerack.com and he stated "chrome looks good on my harley." After that I made a decision to buy a finished silver. I love it.

I see a lot of Hondas that have the chrome and its interesting. This is not meant to sway anyones opinion, but just to inform.

i have a factory set of 16" chromes for the LS430 that are brand new , in the box. If you are intersted in them please email me at cary1952@sio.midco.net. They have never even had tires mounted on them.

Cary

HEY CARY DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THEM AND HOW MUCH ARE YOU ASKING

I own a 01 LS 430 WITH THE 7 HAND HOLE RIMS i WANT THE SAME WHEEL EXCEPT I WANT IT CHROME. I'M IN VA AND I THINK I'VE BEEN QUOTED SOME B------ PRICES 1050.00 & 980.00 ANYBODY CAN TURN ME IN THE RIGHT DIR. I'D APPRECIATE IT. AND THE  OTHER  THING IS I'M DUE 60K SERVICE SHOULD I GO TO THE DEALER AND DO THE WHOLE THING OR ONLY THE IMPORTANT STUFF

it really depends what you put chrome on like my lexus it has chrome rims and the look really nice with the chrome trimming around the windows and doar so it doesnt look awkward since its not the only thing chrome im looking for some LS430 05 5 spoke rims in chrome in 18's those look really nice and there OEM so i cant go wrong

cary Im not sure if you got my msg because Im still learning how to navigate this site , but I am interested in the wheels. how much do you want????

An indie repair shop specializing in Lexus charged me about $370 before tax a few weeks ago for the 60K service on my 2000 LS400. That price did not include the wheel balance/rotation (a specialty wheel shop does it for me) or an engine oil/filter change which I always do myself. The price did include transmission and rear diff fluid change which required only when following the severe service maintenance schedule.

I doubt if a Lexus dealer would have been within several hundred $ on the price.

Chrome wheels on an LS? I never ever thought I would like chrome - my first LS had silver painted wheels. Maybe spending a month in Phoenix/Scottsdale in the last year changed my mind. Does ANYONE in the Phoenix metro area have a Lexus (or Mercedes, etc.) WITHOUT chrome wheels? I've never seen so much chrome in any one city.

gallery_2157_131_1119120428.jpg

I have a set of the 7 spoke 17" LS chrome wheels that have just been chromed and have a brand new set of Michelin Energy MXM4 Plus tires on them. I decided to go with 18's.

$ 1200.00

Terry

post-1722-1122854991_thumb.jpg

Amarslex -

FWIW I live in VB too and wouldn't want a set of Chrome rims. They're too much maintenance this close to the water. I grew up by the beach in the North End and now live in the South End of the beach. I have had chrome wheels on several cars in the past and they have always ended up pitting and rusting over time. It is the salt water that gets into the already humid air that'll be their demise.

Not to say that you absolutely don't want them as you can keep them in good shape, but it is a weekly event of washing, polishing and waxing that must be kept up on a regular basis. Winter time is the worst because cleaning your rims in 30 degree weather sucks.

Where have you looked around here for the rims? Charles Barker Lexus sucks as far as their parts pricing goes. They won't move an inch - even when you could go elsewhere and get the exact same thing for less. I'd buy more from them if they would negotiate a little. I don't mind paying more for OEM, but 2X the comparable aftermarket rate isn't worth it to me on a 10 year old car.

If you go to CBL on the 60 K service you may as well get them to do it all. They do have a decent service department.