Few Small Questions

1. The transmissions that "learn" tour driving styles and update otherwise. Does my 93 have one?? (it feels like it does).

2. if the answer to 1 is no, this will sound stupid. When I first got my car, I booted it round a bit. (so the trans drove accordingly) when I used cruise control to resume speed, it would race theengine quite a bit. But recenlty I've been driving as if Miss Daisy was in the back, and in using cruise since doing so, when resuming speed it catches up very slowly. Am I just imagining this?

3. LEXUS stands for Luxury EXport to the US. true?

Don't know about the trans, but according to the Lexus website, the word Lexus came "from the combination of the words "Luxury" and "Elegance".

How they got Lexus out of that I'll never know.

Your explanation makes more sense.

all cars do a little ajusting to the driver but i dont think your car has that kind of tranny in it.the new es300s have it but not the earlier models.it could just be the cruise control is not working as good as is was or you may need a tune up.otherwise i think your just imagining it.lol just kidding.

the 94 and newer es 300 had a seperate ecu contorl for the tranny which did adjust but i don't think the 92-93 did

it will also raise the rpm's much higher depending on the load and throttle position before you press the pedal

the cruise doe not adjust transmission acording to driver needs just speed