Enter Destinations While Driving

Mark H

Darn it! I have already heard it doesnt work on the 04 RX330, but if we could get into the service menu--do we have an override feature in there???? If so can someone find it please?

How do we get into the service menu?

Darn it!  I have already heard it doesnt work on the 04 RX330, but if we could get into the service menu--do we have an override feature in there????  If so can someone find it please?

How do we get into the service menu?

u need the newer '05 rx330 version of the navigation, but if u look at the topic i started about updating the navigation for hte '04 rx330, u CANT get that menu because we have the wrong version.

Nice!! But this is what I found on my 04 and not sure if its working or not.

I got to the override button on mine like stated but it would not hightlight green like the other button did?? Do I just press it once and now Im in override and can enter the destination while driving

Or is the Override button supposed to turn green?

Nice!!  But this is what I found on my 04 and not sure if its working or not.

I got to the override button on mine like stated but it would not hightlight green like the other button did?? Do I just press it once and now Im in override and can enter the destination while driving 

Actually it does work on the 04 330. All you need to do is to hold down the "Override" button for about three seconds until it turns green. Hope it's helpful! I sure appreciate knowing it!

Actually it does work on the 04 330. All you need to do is to hold down the "Override" button for about three seconds until it turns green. Hope it's helpful! I sure appreciate knowing it!

im so lost, i own a '04 rx330. i have no overide button and i have no volume picture i can press. :wacko: do u guys have the nav that has the ugly brown background.

Yes you need to hold the override button until it turns green and it sure works on my 04 RX. Thanks for the info and finally we can override this without any mods or splicing.

where is the overide button? and how do i get to it.

For the sake of those who haven't read the original post, I'm copying it here with some modifications for the pre-2005 RX:

Press the MENU button, then press the DVD button (however the car must be stopped before the DVD button is available). Then touch the TOP LEFT of the screen, then the BOTTOM LEFT of the screen, then the TOP LEFT again, then the BOTTOM LEFT again, then finally touch the BOTTOM RIGHT of the screen. It will bring up the SYSTEM MENU. Press and hold the OVERRIDE button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit BACK. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car.

For the 2004 RX330:

"Press the menu button, then choose system option. Then press the top left of the screen, then the bottom left of the screen, then the top left again, then the bottom left again, then finally touch the bottom right of the screen. It will bring up a system menu. Choose the override button, then hit back."

Although, I think you might have to HOLD the override button until it beeps/highlights.

It works on our RX400 too. I had to try it a couple of times because at first I expected some sort of click or other reaction to the top left and bottom left taps. There is no reaction until the sequence of four is finished.

It takes a lot of pushes so I don't think I will enter the mode all the time, but when we are on a road trip it will be nice for the passenger to be able to enter a destination.

I have an RX300SE-L from '04, and I can't get to the System Menu. I press Menu, and then the "DVD" icon. It shows the version (2004-05 ver. 2), and in the bottom right there is a button for "Covered Areas". I have tried the above mentioned combination 25 times, and nothing seems to get me to the System Menu.

BTW - I have the European versin of the Sat. Nav., does that make a difference?

Press the MENU button, then press the DVD button (however the car must be stopped before the DVD button is available). Then touch the TOP LEFT of the screen, then the BOTTOM LEFT of the screen, then the TOP LEFT again, then the BOTTOM LEFT again, then finally touch the BOTTOM RIGHT of the screen. It will bring up the SYSTEM MENU. Press and hold the OVERRIDE button for about 3 seconds until it turns green, then hit BACK. If you do this while moving, you won't be able to edit until you stop the first time. If you are stopped when you do this, then you can continue to edit while moving.

You MUST do this everytime you start your car.

This worked just find for my USA Cali 2004 RX330. Yeehah! Thanks!

I happened to read this post on another Lexus forum.  I apologize if this is a "no-no" but I thought folks might check to see if this works.  My '05 RX330 is on the way so I can't verify.

Enter destinations while driving

My 400h is also on the way, but is it possible that overide wold also allow my front seat passenger to watch DVD's while in motion?

I happened to read this post on another Lexus forum.  I apologize if this is a "no-no" but I thought folks might check to see if this works.  My '05 RX330 is on the way so I can't verify.

Enter destinations while driving

Works great!

1/2 of the 'lockout' problems is now fixed. Navigation lockout is gone for a single trip using this method.

• 7 months later...

Just in case you haven't found your answer for the 2004 RX330:

Press the Menu button

Press the DVD Button in the upper right

On the DVD info page do the following:

touch the upper left

touch the lower left

touch the upper left

touch the lower left

touch the lower right

That should get you the screen with the override button. I just did it and it works. You can touch wrong sometimes and the menu doesn't pop up, so you may have to do it again.