Overriding Nav/overriding Bluetooth?

I found the codes to override the NAV system (so that you can input addresses etc even while the car is moving). However, I haven't found the way to override the bluetooth phone system so that you can dial while driving. Has anyone found out how to do it?

Thanks, Jim

would u mind posting those codes? and do u know if it will work on the 2006 GS Nav system?

thx.

Hit menu, then hit the volume icon. Then hit the upper left speaker icon, the lower left corner (no icon), the upper left speaker icon again, and the lower left corner again. It brings up a system menu that has the NAV override on it. (Plus many other items that I don't know what they do).

If this doesn't work, let me know. I have a 2006 300 awd that it worked on.

thats awesome! thx alot! i'm going to try it today after work and see if it works...did u just happen to find this by mistake or did u know what to do?

Someone on the howardforum board for cellphones posted it. However, it doesn'thave the answer on how to do it for the phone, only the NAV.

Wow! I just tried this on my 2004 ES and it worked great! Of course, it resets when the car is turned off; however, this will now allow a passenger to enter a destination while the car is in motion. Thanks!

Wow! I just tried this on my 2004 ES and it worked great! Of course, it resets when the car is turned off; however, this will now allow a passenger to enter a destination while the car is in motion. Thanks!

Now, if I can only find the override for the entering phone numbers :)

Hit menu, then hit the volume icon.  Then hit the upper left speaker icon, the lower left corner (no icon), the upper left speaker icon again, and the lower left corner again.  It brings up a system menu that has the NAV override on it. (Plus many other items that I don't know what they do). 

If this doesn't work, let me know.  I have a 2006 300 awd that it worked on.

Make sure you press on the 'Override' for about 2 sec. It won't take the setting if you just tap the 'Override' button.

Just used it on my 2006 GS430, worked great, nice to have most of my Nav controls back.

Phone override is next ;)

:D

would u mind posting those codes? and do u know if it will work on the 2006 GS Nav system?

thx.

Hit menu, then hit the volume icon. Then hit the upper left speaker icon, the lower left corner (no icon), the upper left speaker icon again, and the lower left corner again. It brings up a system menu that has the NAV override on it. (Plus many other items that I don't know what they do).

If this doesn't work, let me know. I have a 2006 300 awd that it worked on.

brn2rnjk1, you are a hero....how to enable the navigation system to receive commands while moving has been an unanswered topic for a long time. Your info works perfectly....so thanks!

As fate would have it, I am now wondering what use I might make of my new found powers to tweak the navigation system. Of course, I will use them for good...not evil. You have already anticipated that question and responded. I am hopeful some of the resident tweakers and hackers will eventually share what they learn. :D

I found the codes to override the NAV system (so that you can input addresses etc even while the car is moving).  However, I haven't found the way to override the bluetooth phone system so that you can dial while driving.  Has anyone found out how to do it?

Thanks, Jim

HI all

help me , it did not work on my 2004 LS430 and on my wife's 2006 GS430

I followed all the steps but nothing is happening.

what did i do wrong

THANKS