Which Suspension

I'm going to buy some wheels and tires for my '93 SC400 but need some advise. I see where people use the Tokico and eibach combo and its great and all but I see it leaves a bigger gap in the front than it does in the rear. I'm gonna have 245/35/19front and 275/30/19 on the rear. I know I will have to roll the febders alittle but what suspension set up will leave the car looking level and not have too much gap between the front tires and fenders. I'm not looking to slam it or have driving issues, just want it looking nice and clean. It's going to be a daily driver so I want a comfortable ride if thats even possible. I've been searching this forum but I'm kinda getting mixed reviews on a couple of setups. BTW, hows the TEIN BASICS compare to FLEX or CS? Any suggestions would be appreciated?

I'm going to buy some wheels and tires for my '93 SC400 but need some advise. I see where people use the Tokico and eibach combo and its great and all but I see it leaves a bigger gap in the front than it does in the rear. I'm gonna have 245/35/19front and 275/30/19 on the rear. I know I will have to roll the febders alittle but what suspension set up will leave the car looking level and not have too much gap between the front tires and fenders. I'm not looking to slam it or have driving issues, just want it looking nice and clean. It's going to be a daily driver so I want a comfortable ride if thats even possible. I've been searching this forum but I'm kinda getting mixed reviews on a couple of setups. BTW, hows the TEIN BASICS compare to FLEX or CS? Any suggestions would be appreciated?

I'm using Tanabe springs with 1/2 front coils cut & full rear, along with blue Tokicos. It's gives me an excellent ride and no problem whatsoever. The nice thing is the car has even height all around. My SC400 is riding on 245/40/18 with 1/2" custom spacer on the rear. All I'm saying is it's even better than stock in handling, but still gives a smoothness over bumps. Cost: $460 U.S.

TEIN Basic gives you a pretty good ride and ofcourse more firmer than stock but over all good ride. The Basic can only be adjust height, the FLEX and CS can adjust height and Dampening. So Flex and CS is an excellent choice if u have the money, since you can a soft and lowered ride of your choice. Down side is that it cost alot. Most people would get the Basic since it cheaper and ride quality is fine. You also could get Tokico Illuminas Adj 5 set from the MKIV supra which fit perfect on our cars. It give you about a 2" drop front and 1.5" rear. Really slam your car and give u Dampening adjustable. I hope this help. Good luck

TEIN Basic gives you a pretty good ride and ofcourse more firmer than stock but over all good ride. The Basic can only be adjust height, the FLEX and CS can adjust height and Dampening. So Flex and CS is an excellent choice if u have the money, since you can a soft and lowered ride of your choice. Down side is that it cost alot. Most people would get the Basic since it cheaper and ride quality is fine. You also could get Tokico Illuminas Adj 5 set from the MKIV supra which fit perfect on our cars. It give you about a 2" drop front and 1.5" rear. Really slam your car and give u Dampening adjustable. I hope this help. Good luck

Thanks for all the help. BTW, what does the dampening do for a vehicle?

The easiest way to explain Dampening, is basically how stiff the shocks are. The more you turn up the Dampening, the stiffer the shock. So if you were going to do road racing, or any type of racing with it, I would suggest getting something with Dampening adjustability. That way you could turn it down when driving it everyday, and up when you're at the track. From what you posted, I think the Basics would be perfect. And at around $600 they aren't that expensive.