Sign in to follow this  
clear95mail

Air Conditioning Problem - Code 24

I did the Ac code pull & it came back code 24

The light stays solid for 3 sec then starts to blink when the ac is on.

The compressor is quite and it clicks on for 2 sec and then shuts off , it was ice cold just the other day

The vehicle is a 99 gs300

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Dan

The compressor is quite and it clicks on for 2 sec and then shuts off , it was ice cold just the other day

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Dan

After a review of the compressor , the clutch appears that it needs to be replaced i can turn it by hand as i should be able to ?, but it has play back and forth and side to side + has grease pressing out from the front ,

My Webpage

I found this to help with the replacement of the ac clutch. Can anyone confirm that you can change the ac clutch on the vehicle? , & not have to release the freon?

Also the best place to find a replacement ac clutch at a bargain, I don't know if you have any dealers that give discounts on this site the anyone could refer me to.

Thanks

Dan

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After a review of the compressor , the clutch appears that it needs to be replaced i can turn it by hand as i should be able to ?, but it has play back and forth and side to side + has grease pressing out from the front ,

I know this post was a few years ago but I am having the same problem you are having. Did you changed the compressor and did it solve your problem?

thanks

My Webpage

I found this to help with the replacement of the ac clutch. Can anyone confirm that you can change the ac clutch on the vehicle? , & not have to release the freon?

Also the best place to find a replacement ac clutch at a bargain, I don't know if you have any dealers that give discounts on this site the anyone could refer me to.

Thanks

Dan

I realize that this post was a few years but I am having the same problem you had. Did changing the clutch or compressor solve you problem?

Thanks;

Dwight