Gs On 20's Without Lowering

Does anyone have any pics with a GS on 20's with out it being lowered. I wanted to see how much room is in the wheel well with the 20 inch rim and if it looks nice or does it have to be lowered to look nice. Just not sure if i should lower my car or not. I didn't buy the rims yet. Thanks in advance

I have seen Lexani 20's on a GS not lowered and they looked like hell.

Not because they were 20's but it lifted the whole car off the ground and the offsets made the rims sit flush to the body makeing the illusion worse.

It all depends on the rims you want but 20's on a GS not lowered ,to me does not look right.

Heres my car. 2006 GS, not lowered and i think they look perfect. They rub a little in the front when making sharp turns but the tire only hits a plastic piece in the wheel well, not a big deal at all.....definately would rub all over if it was lowered. let me know what u think.

post-18508-1122528671_thumb.jpg

Heres my car. 2006 GS, not lowered and i think they look perfect. They rub a little in the front when making sharp turns but the tire only hits a plastic piece in the wheel well, not a big deal at all.....definately would rub all over if it was lowered. let me know what u think.

I think the car looks beautiful without being lowered. There isn't eve much of a gap . Thats nice, good luck with that.

thx for the compliments. It might look like its raised in the pic but definately doesn't look like it when u look at the car in person.

I hope so. I actually think the pic is somewhat misleading. The shot is take top down which hides how high the car is a little and reduces the fender-wheel gap a little. On top of that, it is a dark colored car and the middle of the car (where the sideskirts area) blends in with the dark shadow underneath. This gives the illusion that the car is not as high off the ground as it really is.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal tastes. I am with the guys who think that 20s on a GS needs a bit of lowering. I would add that I think 20s need at least a mild kit. Again, that's just me. :) If you think it looks OK, then that's fine too since it is your car to mod as you please. (This is just in general and is not directed at blue06gs. :D)

thx for the compliments. It might look like its raised in the pic but definately doesn't look like it when u look at the car in person.

I hope so. I actually think the pic is somewhat misleading. The shot is take top down which hides how high the car is a little and reduces the fender-wheel gap a little. On top of that, it is a dark colored car and the middle of the car (where the sideskirts area) blends in with the dark shadow underneath. This gives the illusion that the car is not as high off the ground as it really is.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal tastes. I am with the guys who think that 20s on a GS needs a bit of lowering. I would add that I think 20s need at least a mild kit. Again, that's just me. :) If you think it looks OK, then that's fine too since it is your car to mod as you please. (This is just in general and is not directed at blue06gs. :D)

i would put a kit on it but i dont think there are any available for the 06 gs, are there?

What kit would you suggest?

Are you asking about the 2GS or 3GS? For the 2nd Gen, there are quite a few. Look through here for a selection:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2332

For the 3GS, see below.

i would put a kit on it but i dont think there are any available for the 06 gs, are there?

You are right in that there is nothing available yet. There is something on the horizon from TTE;

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=2332

One of the problems is that most kits come from Japan. They are not getting the 3GS until this fall, which is very soon now. The cars should already be in the showrooms. Once more of the JDM companies get a hold of the car for prototyping, you will start to see more kits becoming available.

Tanabe has one bro...l-tuned parts.com $252.00....might want to wait to see if TRD comes out with one...not sure they will though...anybody have more info?

Right now, Tanabe is the only one with released products. They have two, one more for drop and the other is less drop. more comfort. Tein is working on a set of coilovers.

More info will be coming from other companies soon.

I say if u are gonna floss at least do it right. Roll right or don't roll at all. What is point of dubs if your stance is kinda retarded. look a great example. NEO. that is a great perfect setup right there. other wise u get an ugly gap in the front.

For a comparison, here are a few pics of my car moderately lowered. I'd actually like it a little lower but this is my daily driver so I have to compromise a little. The "profile" one was taken more at body height so you can see the gap. If taken from up top, the gap does not "look" as bad. I also have on a very subtle lip and mild sideskirt to bring down the body line a little to compenate for the ground clearance height that 20s added.

I would also prefer a lower rear bumper but this is how it is from now. The exterior will most likely get a tweak in a few months. ;)

3146IMG_2038s.jpg

3146IMG_2052s.jpg

3146IMG_2055s.jpg

• Like 1

For a comparison, here are a few pics of my car moderately lowered.  I'd actually like it a little lower but this is my daily driver so I have to compromise a little.  The "profile" one was taken more at body height so you can see the gap.  If taken from up top, the gap does not "look" as bad.  I also have on a very subtle lip and mild sideskirt to bring down the body line a little to compenate for the ground clearance height that 20s added.

I would also prefer a lower rear bumper but this is how it is from now.  The exterior will most likely get a tweak in a few months. ;)

3146IMG_2038s.jpg

3146IMG_2052s.jpg

3146IMG_2055s.jpg

Looks sharp NEO! How much did you lower the car? I know you have the coil-overs but i am curious as to how many inches you dropped it.

Looks sharp NEO!  How much did you lower the car? I know you have the coil-overs but i am curious as to how many inches you dropped it.

To be honest, I do not know. I've been through the L-Tuned shocks/springs, Tein Flex, and now Tein CS. I've had it at different heights when I had 18s and now 20s. It has been so long that I've been at stock height that I don't know the difference anymore. That is the beauty of coilovers. I just go by how much gap. The downside, I guess, is I don't know absolutely how much I've dropped the car.

Newport it is the saem problem with most pictures ,it is in the shadows which makes the gaps look filled just like NEO said.

If you biring up the white balance in photoshop you would see your huge gaps especially under the car.

Hey NEO,

What kind of a lip is that on the bottom of the front bumper. 

Where did u get it and how much?

Thanx

NEO, who makes your wheels? What are spec's? I just put the Ruff Racing 279's on my car but I like how your wheels have the deep dish look. The Ruff 279's I put on have the lip but the spokes are bowed out in the middle to clear the caliper, so the wheels do not look deep. I want to keep the same size all the way around, currently 18x8.5. Any other suggestions for wheels?