Reducing Car Speed Through Shifting D-4-3

Hi,

I wonder if this behaivor will effect the car or it is normal,

in LS 98 , I can shift the gear from D to 3 to reduce the speed, which is easier and make the break pads last longer.

is this kind of behaivor will effect the car some how .

in manual shifting cars , it is possible to do so and no effect if you do it in the right range.

Regards.

Hi,

I wonder if this behaivor will effect the car or it is normal,

in LS 98 , I can shift the gear from D to 3 to reduce the speed, which is easier and make the break pads last longer.

is this kind of behaivor will effect the car some how . 

in manual shifting cars , it is possible to do so and no effect if you do it in the right range.

Regards.

Why would you want to? It is cheaper to replaced the break pads than the transmission. Just my 2 cents... :cheers:

Use the brakes. The idea of slowing the car with the drivetrain is a hold-over from seventy years ago when cars had crappy brakes. Lexus have wonderful brakes, and to tell you the truth I like using them because they have the best pedal feel and modulation of any car I have ever driven. The LS is particularly good in that regard, the GS a bit less so.

You have 4 pot calipers which are from a supra ,it WILL stop the car.

You just need to get used to it .

Like mentinoed before pads are cheaper than clutches in a transmission.

Upgrade the brakes with drilled/slotted rotors with stainless steel lines if you want more grip.

you can but it is only used mainly in a turck or when using a trailer when you can overheat you brakes and get brake fade basically having no brakes because they have overehated.

So it is using the tranny and engine compression as well to aid the brakes.

It is not for daily driving