Wheel Bearing

I know that I have at least one wheel bearing going, but I need to know if this is something that I can replace on my own. I have searched this forum so please don't flame me by saying that I need to search, because I found no real answers. Oh, and I want to know if the rear wheels have the same bearings as the fronts. Thank ya'll ahead of time for helping me out. :)

There is no info on this subject so you would not find it but thanks for trying.

Second it is for a 98 right?

Which bearing is it front ,rear?

No front and rears are not swapable as you have a FWD car than again i have never heard of any hub being swapable.

If you want to know if it is somethign you can change then what is your expericance in repairs that you do already what tools do you have?

More than likely you cannot change a hub by itself as you need a new abs sensor which will only crumble if pressed out ,so you also need to be careful in reinstalling it.

It is not hard but it is experiance,.

It is a 98, and I have good experience with reparing cars. Tools...if I dont have it I'll but it. It is a front bearing as far as I can ascertain. But my main question still goes unanswered. What does changing the bearing or bearings, wheel or hub, entail?

First you need to review the procedure in the shop factory repair manual. For my 93 ES300 the wheel bearing is pressed into the hub. You would have to take the hub off and take it to a shop. Removing the ABS sensor on a 93 ES300 isn't that difficult. You have to deal with rusty bolts and nuts. Not a basic DIY task but not that difficult.

Without a shop manual you would also be guessing at the nut and bolt torque specs.

You need the manual.

Yeah I guess I do need a manual. I was hoping that changing the bearing would be as easy as some other cars and trucks but I guess I was wrong. I can buy a small press capable of pressing in the bearings but i'm still not sure if I want to spend the time trying to replace the bearings. It might be cheaper in time and money to have them replaced. Decisions, Decisions. Thanks Men, and Thanks Toysrme for the pics. This homeboy is a visual learner and those pics will be a Godsend if I try to do this myself.

I've never done it on an ES/Camry. I have helped a good friend do it on an AWD celica three times over. We didn't need any of the special service tools.

Take whatever you want from that you want to. I will say the Toyota parts bin is normally the same stuff, if not the same style stuff all across the board.

I'm not going to tell you not to try, but the first time you'll need all day. Helps if you have air tools. Have breaker bars and atleast a full socket set. The cordless impact guns are the greatest thing of all time if your'e going to work on cars. =) Msot mechs I know own them, simply because it's annoying to listen to air tools when you don't have too!

I would lay everything out Friday after work, and bust your balls on SAT. If it doesn't look like it's going to happen before noon on Sunday, you need to stop and put it back together.

No abs sensor after 1 year can be pressed out they all crumble on all ES300's i have changed 2 of mine one due to the front hub being worn and the second because of an over acheiver lowering my car using air tools around it.