Sc300 Engine Upgrade's Need Advice.

Hi everyone! I have a 1995 SC300. I am looking at increasing my hoprsepower, but without doing a BFI, Exhaust or headers. I dont know much about the internals of the engine but i want a Non-asperated sc300 over 300hp. I was wanting to know what engine upgrades can I do to improve my horsepower and torque. Any advice would be helpful thanks guys.

Do a search, there are plenty of threads with the same exact question you just asked. But truthfully, if your not even willing to do the basics like a bfi, exhaust and headers then I doubt your ever going to get any significant hp gains, the only way your going to get over 300 hp and stay na is to get your engine completley built, a turbo kit would be alot cheaper but it doesn't look like your interested in going turbo.

Sorry guys my mistake. I am doing my modifactions this current week bfi, headers and exhaust. I just wanted to know other performance upgrades besides the turbo. And just have my car just straight engine. Sorry for the mix up.

• 3 years later...
Torque converter if it's an auto. Cam change, bigger throttle body and port and polish the head.

Im going to agree and disagree with this. Port and polish is not worth the money unless your building the block for n/a, may get a few hp but nothing worth the money put into it (unless your boosting). If you do decide that you still want to p&p then i suggest decking the head a little bit to raise compression getting cams and see if you can find a machine shop to bore out the throttle body (there are a few online places that do this for about 100 bux including new plates)

get a nice header and exhaust(not crush bent) and OBX twin loop mufflers. i haven't been around the toyota community in a while so i dont know the feelings twords OBX products, but ill tell you from experience that OBX twin loops make power then ANY other exhaust (twin loops in general that is). People usualy shy away from them because there cheap and they think there garbage so they never give it a chance. I had a straight pipe on my honda and switched to a twin loop and had to completely retune my car because i was making power EVERYWHERE. If your worried about noise, there very quiet around town but when you get get on the gas it really sounds nice.

i know i just bumped an old topic- but i figured if epople are going to send links to it, it needed to be updated