Lowering Using Ahc

mscott

Has anyone ever lowered the vehicle for highway driving? I'm wondering if you can impact fuel efficiency. Maybe wring another mile out of a gallon. Anyone?

The AHC does not operate above pre determined (lowish) speeds, so you could not do it anyways.

That's not my understanding from the literature. I believe you can set the AHC (I guess in this case the "A" being irrelevant) to any custom position, then select the OFF mode. This should, in theory, lock the suspension height at any height you've selected.

the thing is that if you are going above a certain speed, say, 60mph on a highway, the car will not raise or lower even when you press the button. What will happen is that the "n" light and "H" or "L" light on the dashboard, depending on whether you hit the raise or lower button, will blink and nothing will happen. I think the max speed that the car can stay in the lowered or raised position is 20-30 mph, but im not too sure.

That's not my understanding from the literature. I believe you can set the AHC (I guess in this case the "A" being irrelevant) to any custom position, then select the OFF mode. This should, in theory, lock the suspension height at any height you've selected.

Read the Manual further, the OFF is overridden by the vehicle speed pre-determined settings. High will drop to Normal at predetermined speed and Low will riase to Normal at predetermined speed. You can by engaging Low Ratio raise the speed at which the auto height changes happens.