Spoiler

I've seen some of the SC's with spoilers... mine doesn't have one, and I was wondering if the newer models came with it stock, or if they're just aftermarket spoilers? Also, if you guys know of any place online where I could order one pretty cheap, please let me know. It's a 92 SC300.

All the sc's had the option of a spoiler, if you want an oem copy do a search on ebay, thats where you will get them the cheapest, theres even a few places that will paint them to the factory color code for you.

The SC400 (V8) came with the spoilers as standard. The SC300 (IL6) have the rear spoiler as an option. Some dealers installed them as standard, but, technically they were an option from Lexus.

so the newer model wing will fit onto the older model car without any problems?

I don't see why you would have a problem. You just have to drill the holes for the mounting. As far as I know the car always had the same trunk.

Cool... I checked on ebay, and found a spoiler (newer kind - the one that's raised)... for $125 and they paint it for 75 more... factory matched paint...

Anyways, I'm planning on ordering this soon... when I come up on some money... and I was wondering how it works with the LED thing... I'm not going to be doing it myself, but if I take it somewhere should they be able to install it and make it work so the LED brake thing lights up? Is there any difficulty installing something like this? I'm just asking because I'll just get the lip-wing spoiler without the LED brake light if I'm gonna have difficulty finding someone to install it.

The brake light within the spoiler is just your basic wiring job. Since you'll be making holes in the trunk to mount the spoiler, you may as well wire up the brake light also.

Where in LA do you live?

Installing a spoiler is relatively simple. You would just need some basic tools.

Off the top of my head, you would need:

1) A drill to make mounting holes in the trunk.

2) A basic surface cleaner to ensure that the work surface is nice and clean.

3) Rust protectant to paint along the areas that you drill into.

4) If Lexus has a specific mounting kit for the spoiler, use that.

5) Use a basic sealant to ensure that water does not penetrate between the spoiler and the trunk.

6) A ruler or measuring tape to ensure that your spoiler is mounted evenly.

That seems to be it. Now if you have the spoiler w/ an LED, you would need a basic wire cutter/stripper and some wire connectors (don't remember what they are officially called).

OR, best case scenario...would be if the plugs are already there...and you just have to snap the plugs together for it to work.

I've mounted a spoiler or two before. Not hard. Just have to be meticulous.

Any body shop can do the install, as they do stuff like this all the time. If you're worried about this, call your local Lexus dealership and ask to see what body shop they recommend.

IMO, i think the pre-97 spoilers look better. i like the whale fin design. are there other spoilers out there meant for the sc? i've seen some with the deck lid design, but it sticks too far out. i think it was wald.