Sign in to follow this  
Sadistic

I Don't Mean To Break Loc

It seems like everytime I post on LOC, the forum won't respond for the next minute or so. It happens at home, and at work. And I wasn't sure if it's like that just for me, or for everyone. I don't see HOW I could be causing this problem, but it ONLY happens right after I post.

It's pretty much everyday. It happened 3 times today, but when I posted ^ that post, it didn't do it. (of course) Basically, after I post, I'll click on another link, to another post to read it, and the server will either time out, or it will sit there for a minute or two, then it slowly gets faster and faster. The more I click on, the faster the server response gets. As an example, I posted in General Discussion, once it posted, I went to read the next thread, and the server timed out, then I refreshed, and clicked on the post again, after about 2 minutes it finally popped up. I clicked on reply, after about 30 seconds it popped up, then I posted and it posted instantly, then did it again on the next click. It's kind of weird, I've never experienced it on any other forums other than this.

weird.

and this is the ONLY site it happens on?

anyone else experience problems like this?

I know we used experience slowdowns on a saturday, which was due to huge backups running

Yeah, this is the only site that I have it happen. I'm sure the problem is with me, I just found it weird that it happens at both work, and home.

This will sound dumb but did you check to see if you have a new private message and the sites pop up is being blocked by some program?

Another thought is to delete the cookie you have and log in again , sometime i have had similar problems eleviated by new cookies.

Actually, that isn't a dumb question at all. I checked the same thing, and I don't have any. At least it isn't warning me that I have them.

At work, I actually have to delete files and cookies once a week due to one of my distributors website. They're website design (Online Store) is pretty ridiculous, and once you've visited the site so many times, you can no longer go "back." Thanks for trying though man. It's kind of puzzling to me.

yeah, that has happened to me several times.

I usually get an SQL error. I just swear a few times, log off. It has to be the LOC server because I can immediately (and/or simultaneously) go to CL or ATT or MSN or any other website with no problems.

I just go away from LOC for about 10 minutes. Log back in and everything is fine and moves quickly. It happens about 1 to 2x a week. It is not predictable like the Sat evening slow down used to be.

I can tell when it is about to happen. I go to post and it take forever to post up.

steviej