Spoiler Led Brake Light

Anyone know how to take out the led assembly on a stock 98+ GS spoiler? I want to smoke it out...but would be easier if I could remove it from the spoiler.

Anyone know if it just clips out? If so, how?

Thanks again in advance for any input!

the light is double sided stick taped on, you have to pry at it carefully and it will peel off. when youre done doing whatever it is you need to do, clean the area to remove any old adhesive and use 3M automotive double sided tape to reattach the light. if youre going to completely remove the light (clip the wire) be sure to leave enough length on the wire to re connect it when youre done, and dont forget to use electrical tape on that connection before you stuff it back in the spoiler assembly. have fun.

Thanks alot! 

I'll let ya know how it turns out!

Please post pix of this project. This will help fellow LOC members in the future, Thanx

What are you using to " smoke " the lens ?

I actually ended up just using some tape and a large orange envelope...worked great! I'll post pic's. It might not have been the best way...but hey, looks like it worked! =)

Do have some bubbles - so might have to sand it down with high grit sandpaper and some water - that might require a second quote.

I'm useing "Lens' Painter" brand smoke colored spray paint. Found it EBAY - got it shipped in from Japan!