Just Bought Is300

Zephyr

hi!

I just bought a used IS300. Does anyone have any facts or flaws about the car they'd like to share? I'm also looking for performance upgrade parts, can anyone recommend any? I have the stock 17in wheels on the car. I noticed that the manual said that those wheels does not give good grip in the winter. Should i go find the 16in and wrap all seasons on them for winter use?

First was the wheels because i heard many is300 owners were not happy with the grip in the winter. Second, intake, but don't really know whats the beat one for my need (Everyday driving with the occasionally heavy foot :D ) I also lost the master remote key. Can lexus make another? How much do they charge? Can i just buy a new one and program it? THanks for helping

Zeph, you can buy a new key from Lexus Parts.com..... You'll need your vin # so they can cut it for you but you'll have to program it yourself.. There's nothing to programing the key, you'll beable to do it with ease..

Also, now on to the Intake.. If you get one get one that works, don't get me wrong they all work but that's if your ECU is programed for it... So I think your best bet would most likely go with a SRT Intake with "Race ECU"...

Thanks a lot for the advice! Oh...do you know if the RX300 16 rims would fit the is300 with winter tires? I want 16 rims for winter but cannot find it listed for the is300 anywhere.

Nah, the RX wheels won't fit with those tires.. But you can most likely go with GS rims with snow tires... If you wanted..

I bought a 2003 IS that came with stock 17" wheels that had the Potenza RE92 All-Season tires.

I live in Ohio and we had the worst winter storm in a long time ealier in the year and it handled suprisingly great. If you don't race much and don't mind the slight performance decrease, this would probably be the best solution.

My over-all goal is to use stock in the winter and get 18's for the summer.

Something about 16's...it just doesn't look right on this car.

-Mac

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't go with the all-season tires, think about getting a set of snow tires/rims from a place like Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com). They may not be stock, but TR can have some pretty good deals that will get you through a snowy winter with less headaches.