1993 Sc300 Altornator Replacement

I am either going to rebuild or replace my alternator on my 93 sc300, does anybody have any input on rebuilding, is ther kits available, if so from where? Any pittfalls to aviod in removing it? All I can find are 100 amp alternators, if I replace, are there better ones?

Thanks for any help.

I took mine to a shop and had them rebuild it. It was cheaper than a new one. You have to remove the splash shield underneath the car to gain access. Should take about 30-45 minutes to remove. Make sure your distributer seal isn't leaking onto the alternater.

• 3 weeks later...
I took mine to a shop and had them rebuild it. It was cheaper than a new one. You have to remove the splash shield underneath the car to gain access. Should take about 30-45 minutes to remove. Make sure your distributer seal isn't leaking onto the alternater.

oh man thats what happ to me!!!!! So rebuilding it wont hurt anything right? I do have a lead foot so I didnt know if I should just go ahead and get the new core to handle my driving... What about the starter? It went out too... any hints? Thanks

juancho

• 1 month later...

There are problems with aftermarket rebuilds. First: they use cheap regulators that don't last. Second: they use cheap bearings or sometimes don't replace them at all. The smartest thing to do is get on the internet and look up Denso's web page. They sell a factory rebuilt for about $200. It's the only way to go for reliability.