Some Pics Of My 98 Ls400 W/ L-sportline & 18"ls430

DaveGS4

Hi all,

just thought I'd share some pics of my LS400 with everybody, recently made a few mods to it. I've kept it stock for a couple of years (modifying my GS instead) but got a good deal on some goodies I couldn't pass up.

Mods:

L-Sportline kit front/sides/rear

L-Sportline exhaust

L-Sportline suspension (Eibach / Bilstein)

Monotoned (repainted areas that were two tone)

18" LS430 sport wheels in chrome (couldn't locate non-chrome) w/ Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S

Hardwidered Valentine One

35% Tint

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg

IMG_9469.jpg

I'd also like to invite anyone on the east coast (and reasonably inland) to come see it, along with a couple hundred other hooked up Lexus cars at Lexfest in Baltimore, MD on August 19, 20 (day of the main meet, hosted at the Team Lexus race facility) and 21st.

Here are the pics, feel free to ask questions...

And here's the link to the LOC meet thread about the Lexfest meet in Baltimore next month... I know there are a BUNCH of local LOC members who could sign up for this thing... it is FREE OF CHARGE and being planned by Lexus enthusiasts for Lexus enthusiasts.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=0entry141550

with a short version below :)

Registration is open for the First Annual East Coast Lexus Meet! We're anticipating this will be the biggest Lexus-only event on the east coast (and possibly biggest in the US) and are anticipating 200 - 300 Lexus in attendance. For our inaugural east coast event, Lexus' factory sponsored race team (Team Lexus) has graciously offered to host us with an open house and a preview of the IS350 racecar being built for next season.

Please visit our meet website www.lexfest.net for more information; the snippets below are just a starter.

W H E N

We're targeting the weekend of August 19 - 21, with the primary meet events on Saturday August 20. The weather will still be warm, but should be a bit cooler for outdoor activities towards the end of summer.

W H A T

Meet fellow avid Lexus enthusiasts

Show off your car and scope out what other folks have done with their Lexus rides

Tour the Team Lexus facility and see the exciting new IS350 racecar

Learn about Lexus aftermarket parts from vendors

Alternative daytime local tourism for guests in the Baltimore and Washington DC area

Chances to win valuable prizes from our meet sponsors

Scheduled caravans to the meet from major local metro areas. We'll form up folks who may want to drive together to the meet location

MORE details on special events and surprises at the meet to come!

W H E R E

The Team Lexus race shop just outside of Baltimore, MD

A central location that most folks in the central-eastern US can get to (as well as other ambitious folks). The Baltimore / DC area was selected for the first annual meet because of the ready-built core group of Lexus enthusiasts within easy driving distance in the Northeast corridor that can make this meet a really big one. When Team Lexus volunteered their facility to host us, it became a no-brainer. Future Lexfest meets will be in different east coast cities each year to allow for changes of scenery and different groups of members to attend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The www.lexfest.net meet website is up and running and will be constantly updated with new information about the event. We still need to add a bunch of additional content to it including details on the special events planned during the meet from our sponsors / vendors, special deal and location of meet hotels, lists of the raffle prizes, etc.

We ask that people that are likely to attend register now so we can begin to get a count of people coming for food and facilities planning. If it turns out you can't make it, just send me a PM or an email to info@lexfest.net and we'll pull you off. Click on the register button below or click here to enter your registration information. Note that you won't show up right away on the 'confirmed attendees' page because there is an approval / review process.

register_button.gif

Man. When I seen that first pic it was love at first sight. My favorite color Lexus and the rims are all heads turnin', cornea in ya eyes burnin', from the sunshine off the chrome ya blind. Wow, I live in Maryland but my LS has no modifications, I would be embarrassed to show up there. Although I would love to go see the other vehicles. Man would I. Wish I had the funds to get mine painted that color and add some 18's.

NICE!! I like your LEXUS!! The 98 to 00 is the best!

So the 18" LEXUS wheels worked.. What dd they cost?

Also I was curious what size tires 18/50?

Finally does the exhaust or strut kit make a difference in performance? Seems LEXUS is already the best ride on the road!

Cheers to LEXUS!!

Thanks for all the kind comments :)!

Although I would love to go see the other vehicles. 

Oh you definitely need to come f you're in MD! Trust me there are LOTS of other stock Lexus coming to this meet just to be able to check out the hooked up ones. So far I think I've got the only LS signed up, would love to have another to park with!!!

Get a pic of your car and sign up www.lexfest.net !!!

i saw that kit on luxurymods.com for 800 it was the last one did you get the last one

Oh you're gonna hate me for this. Carson Toyota had a l-sportline blowout group buy on another forum and I got the entire kit for $199. The exhaust I think was $169 and the suspension was $199.

So the 18" LEXUS wheels worked.. What dd they cost?

Also I was curious what size tires 18/50?

Finally does the exhaust or strut kit make a difference in performance? Seems LEXUS is already the best ride on the road!

Got the wheels from a place in LA that chromes the OEM ones and sells them on ebay, decent warranty. They were a little over 1K - these things (18" OEM) are hard to find.

Tires are Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S 245/45-18 , from Tire Rack

Exhaust makes absolutely zero difference in performance... in fact it's nearly as quiet as stock. So its just for looks.

Suspension helps handling, but not as much as the new wheels and tires. The L-sportline suspension for the LS has some annoying clunks I haven't worked out of the rear. Handling is definitely better, but at a cost of some of the 'Lexus ride'.

your right i do hate you ive been lookng at that kit for the longest doing crazy ssearches on-line waiting to get my money right but i guess im too late but im going to keep checking if anyone sees something let me know please

DaveGS,

I am also looking at upgrading to a set of 18" OEM LS wheels. I have talked to Tirerack and others on this forum as well another LExus forum and they all suggest getting 235/50/18, why did you decide on 245/45/18 instead. I am not lowering my vehicle or adding a kit or anything so height wise my car will be stock height. Most important to me is ride, I want to maintain as much of the smooth ride as I can, so I prefer a tire with as much side wall as I can get (also I live in the NYC area), so which size tire should I get and what brand

this body kit is awesome does anyone kno where to find this i kno its discontinued but there have to be a few laying around somewhere any help would be appreciated ive done some searches on google but i havnt found any yet

DaveGS,

I am also looking at upgrading to a set of 18" OEM LS wheels.  I have talked to Tirerack and others on this forum as well another LExus forum and they all suggest getting 235/50/18, why did you decide on 245/45/18 instead.  I am not lowering my vehicle or adding a kit or anything so height wise my car will be stock height.  Most important to me is ride, I want to maintain as much of the smooth ride as I can, so I prefer a tire with as much side wall as I can get (also I live in the NYC area), so which size tire should I get and what brand

I didn't do a whole lot of research on the size - I simply went with the OEM tire size Lexus used on the wheel.... figured they had already looked into which would work best on the wheel.

I did a lot of comparison shopping on tire rack before selecting the Pirelli. I would have prefered the PS/2 but it was $50 more per tire with almost exactly the same rating. There was some brand X tire that also had similar ratings for $50 less than the Pirelli, but I've got to believe that the R&D from a big tire company counts for something.

I'm out of town this week, but my GF is home and my detail guy came by for a quick scheduled wash of the cars.

LS400_a.jpg

LS400_b.jpg

LS400_d.jpg

Looks a little better with a shine :) Not bad for a car that 'lives' outdoors 12 months a year.

Oh, and we now have THREE LS400 owners coming to Lexfest in about a month. :cheers: Where are the rest of you east coast guys ;)

Looks great Dave! I love the LS430's 18s. What kind of ride degredation do you have with the wheels and suspension?

I'll definately try and make it. I'm local too, about 40 miles away from Baltimore so if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to share cell #s etc.

Looks great Dave! I love the LS430's 18s. What kind of ride degredation do you have with the wheels and suspension?

I'll definately try and make it. I'm local too, about 40 miles away from Baltimore so if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to share cell #s etc.

Pretty significant change... the stock LS has a very special ride quality and that's gone now. It's perfectly acceptible and driveable but as my GF says "it rides like a 'normal car' now"...

Please sign up on the lexfest site so we can get an accuracte count! Hope you can be there!!