Some Pics Of My Supercharged Gs400

Hi all,

just thought I'd share some recent pics of my supercharged GS400 with everybody and invite anyone on the east coast (and inland) to come see it, along with a couple hundred other hooked up Lexus cars at Lexfest in Baltimore, MD on August 19, 20 (day of the main meet, hosted at the Team Lexus race facility) and 21st.

Here are the pics, feel free to ask questions... I've done just about everything I want to my GS except the interior and that's under the knife soon.

Most of these pics are from the Dub carshow in Charlotte NC at the convention center last month:

IMG_9325.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_8296.jpg

Tweeter6_Full_Useable_Trunk.jpg

Hi all,

just thought I'd share some recent pics of my supercharged GS400 with everybody and invite anyone on the east coast (and inland) to come see it, along with a couple hundred other hooked up Lexus cars at Lexfest in Baltimore, MD on August 19, 20 (day of the main meet, hosted at the Team Lexus race facility) and 21st.

Here are the pics, feel free to ask questions... I've done just about everything I want to my GS except the interior and that's under the knife soon.

Most of these pics are from the Dub carshow in Charlotte NC at the convention center last month:

IMG_9325.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_8296.jpg

Tweeter6_Full_Useable_Trunk.jpg

Beautiful car to say the least, Thanx, Now I want one. :cheers:

And here's the link to the LOC meet thread about the Lexfest meet in Baltimore next month... I know there are a BUNCH of local LOC members who could sign up for this thing... it is FREE OF CHARGE and being planned by Lexus enthusiasts for Lexus enthusiasts.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=0entry141550

with a short version below :)

Registration is open for the First Annual East Coast Lexus Meet! We're anticipating this will be the biggest Lexus-only event on the east coast (and possibly biggest in the US) and are anticipating 200 - 300 Lexus in attendance. For our inaugural east coast event, Lexus' factory sponsored race team (Team Lexus) has graciously offered to host us with an open house and a preview of the IS350 racecar being built for next season.

Please visit our meet website www.lexfest.net for more information; the snippets below are just a starter.

W H E N

We're targeting the weekend of August 19 - 21, with the primary meet events on Saturday August 20. The weather will still be warm, but should be a bit cooler for outdoor activities towards the end of summer.

W H A T

Meet fellow avid Lexus enthusiasts

Show off your car and scope out what other folks have done with their Lexus rides

Tour the Team Lexus facility and see the exciting new IS350 racecar

Learn about Lexus aftermarket parts from vendors

Alternative daytime local tourism for guests in the Baltimore and Washington DC area

Chances to win valuable prizes from our meet sponsors

Scheduled caravans to the meet from major local metro areas. We'll form up folks who may want to drive together to the meet location

MORE details on special events and surprises at the meet to come!

W H E R E

The Team Lexus race shop just outside of Baltimore, MD

A central location that most folks in the central-eastern US can get to (as well as other ambitious folks). The Baltimore / DC area was selected for the first annual meet because of the ready-built core group of Lexus enthusiasts within easy driving distance in the Northeast corridor that can make this meet a really big one. When Team Lexus volunteered their facility to host us, it became a no-brainer. Future Lexfest meets will be in different east coast cities each year to allow for changes of scenery and different groups of members to attend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The www.lexfest.net meet website is up and running and will be constantly updated with new information about the event. We still need to add a bunch of additional content to it including details on the special events planned during the meet from our sponsors / vendors, special deal and location of meet hotels, lists of the raffle prizes, etc.

We ask that people that are likely to attend register now so we can begin to get a count of people coming for food and facilities planning. If it turns out you can't make it, just send me a PM or an email to info@lexfest.net and we'll pull you off. Click on the register button below or click here to enter your registration information. Note that you won't show up right away on the 'confirmed attendees' page because there is an approval / review process.

register_button.gif

Thanks for all the kind comments :).

if you dont mind me asking how much was the total cost of those killer upgrades....and how fast 0-60?

I'd guess in total I've got 40K+ in my GS... that includes several iterations of several items as I've owned the car since 1999 (CPO 1 year old 1998 model). I bought the car with 16" OEM wheels, no spoiler and a tan pinstripe. Started with stock stuff removing the pinstripe, 17" OEM wheels, added a spoiler. Then did L-tuned kit, TTE lip, but then did a totally different kit etc etc.... 18" wheels now 19" wheels, Supra TT brakes then the Brembo 355MM setup.

You can see a lot of the iterations of the car here in my personal gallery

http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/GS

and my "car of the month" writeup on ClubLexus last year has a nice writeup more detailed than the above.

http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article...iew/2292/1/133/

I haven't taken it to the track since I did my supercharger. Purely based on HP/TQ I'd guess my 0-60 is in the high 4 secs area.

Few questions

How much did you get the Bilstein coil overs for? Where did you get them?

How do you like the Eclipse unit?

I am trying to find the best after market nav system for the car

Patsfan,

You should consider driving down to Baltimore for the Lexfest meet and check it out yourself (and a couple hundred other Lexus)! Your drive down from Boston is almost exactly the same as mine up from Charlotte :)

Few questions

How much did you get the Bilstein coil overs for? Where did you get them?

How do you like the Eclipse unit?

I am trying to find the best after market nav system for the car

I've had the Bilstein PSS coilovers on for about two years now, for detailed impressions (short and long term) writeup click here. I paid about $850 at shox.com for them at the time.

I'd pass on the same unit I have and go for the current Eclipse 5xxx models... the one I have has a low voltage out that causes a little noise from time to time. It's truly a JDM piece with the volume on the right hand side - the new ones are on the left. The Nav and other features of it are awesome, screen is great.

Tweeter5_Cockpit_HU_and_Changer.jpg

I definitely like the stock look flush, but the tilt out is cool too :)

I did a quick video of it a while back if you want to see what it looks like from the Eclipse HU(right click save as here) .

Tilt

IMG_4242.jpg

All the way open

IMG_4243.jpg

Movie

IMG_4244.jpg

MP3 (note, the changer does not do Mp3s, only the single disk in dash)

IMG_4250.jpg

Nav

IMG_4241.jpg

Rear view camera (yes it can stay on when I drive)

IMG_4251.jpg

really nice GS u have there Dave im thinking about putting a supercharger in my LS400 also becuase 270ish horses arnt enough for me haha leave me a PM if u kno any shop or where i could find a supercharger im considering a turbo intead though havnt made up my mind yet

really nice GS u have there Dave im thinking about putting a supercharger in my LS400 also becuase 270ish horses arnt enough for me haha leave me a PM if u kno any shop or where i could find a supercharger im considering a turbo  intead though havnt made up my mind yet

Thanks raz, since your engine is a bit different than mine (different engine bay design, also its not a VVT-I motor) I'm not aware of any. I do know that David over at Lextreme has done a couple of custom LS400 turbo setups, and I'd recommend you check out the forums at www.lextreme.com for more info... a very good resource for Lexus / Toyota FI (turbo, supercharger) v8 info.

Neo, I'm sure there is a direct flight to BWI B)

Hey new big 400, I would be interested in coordinating a Lexus Midwest meet in Indianapolis. What all did you have in mind? By the way, is your GS400 black, blue or brown. I have only seen 3 GS400's in this town. I recently moved to Indy from PA.

hey dave id really like to go to the meet to see all the mods b/c i havent done any yet but the only day i could make it is the 21 will i miss all the good stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
hey dave id really like to go to the meet to see all the mods b/c i havent done any yet but the only day i could make it is the 21 will i miss all the good stuff?

Sorry for the slow reply sha, only now saw this post!

You'll miss some of the coolest stuff, but Sunday is shaping up to be pretty unique as well. We have it detailed on the timed schedule' page and I've pasted it in below. We'd love to have as many folks as possible in the Lexus caravan up to Quicksilver for the rolling portion of the meet video!

On Sunday morning August 21, we're looking at doing a morning 'Lexus cruise' on the back roads up to the Team Lexus race engine builder's shop (a vendor) where we'd take a tour of the facility and get a demo of how they build up both turbo and race engines.  We'd have free dynos for subset of the cars - right now we're anticipating up to 10 dynos due to time constraints.  We're not sure yet how we're going to pick the 10 cars to dyno (lottery / raffle, top HP FI cars on the drive, sign up, etc).

We'd take the scenic back road route to the shop & stop for a quick breakfast along the way probably leaving about 9am.  It's about a 45 minute drive from Team Lexus facility.  If we can set it up, I'd like to get someone with a pickup truck to do some video of the drive (videographer in back of truck) and have some drive-by taping set up.

Relaxing morning drive, shoot some video, take a tour, strap on some dynos, then head home.

Chuck Goldsboro, Team Lexus' lead driver will be personally leading the drive up to Quicksilver. The dynos will be FREE!

We need to get more GS owners to the meet, the IS guys are nearly double our numbers... so far we have 128 participants signed up, of them:

6 GS430s

15 GS400s

15 GS300s

and...

53 IS300's (many turbo)

Click here to register! http://www.lexfest.net/add_attendee.aspx