Ls-400 Paint

basher_boy

Hey guys, any auto painter's out there. I welded in a new wheel well on my car. It was rusting out, and preped it etc. I shot a diamont R-M paint on the quarter, and was not happy at all with the match. I have the Pearl white, they offered on the '90 models. The diamont pearl is too silver grey, compared with the factory paint. Anybody had luck with the pearl with another brand of paint?

Basher_boy

Get the color code from under your hood or in the door jam. Take that code to a auto paint store and have them mix you the correct pearl white. I did that on my past 300ZX and it matched fine with deep cherry red.

Using my boss's $300 HVLP Sata. I talked to a paint guy at a local body shop and he said he always has to tint the base coat a little brown or yellow, to get the paint to match. He says he always has to fight with the Toyota Pearl Whites, as they are never right from the paint code.

No rattle cans here big jzz30

Actually my first repair was a small scratch in the hood, I tried to airbrush the paint on, and made an abortion of it. So now I have to do the whole hood and the pasenger side dogleg.

Tricoats are just a pain in the butt. I will get a single coat on all my cars from now on.

i use air brushes too on spot repair its kind of fun :lol: i found that even if its spot repair and the color is a little off you can feather the color out to kind of blend the color so that it is less noticable and to finish things off do a very thidk clear coat if you do it right you dont have to buff and if you screw up you have lots of clear to sand and buff!!! :lol: i use my gun for big stuff like doing a whole hood i just go down to napa and get thir paints its a little mor convinient for me.

find a paint shop that uses the same stuff you do, reducers ,hardeners, staibalizers,and so on and ask them to match the car color by taking your car down there and they can match it very well. or find a painter that will just match it for you and buy what he uses