Vsc Trac, Vsc Off, Check Engine Light

91L3xus

Hey, couldn't find any places onther than General to ask about this, and don't want to sign up on Toyota's forums, because I'll probably only use it once.

I have a 2002 4Runner with 61,000 miles. Yesterday I put my SUV in 4WD and locked the center differential, turnng off VSC. Used it for about 10 mins to get to where my freind had stalled. Today, the Check Engine light, and the VSC TRAC AND OFF, lights come on. Any ideas? Gas cap is tight. I'm taking it to the dealer soon to get the codes checked.

Today, the Check Engine light, and the VSC TRAC AND OFF, lights come on.  Any ideas?  Gas cap is tight.  I'm taking it to the dealer soon to get the codes checked.

Autozone will read the codes for free. The dealer may get you for $80-100 if not in warranty. Either way, no one knows anything until the codes are read and posted.

I may move this to the GX forum as that vehicle is the closest to your 4-Runner.

steviej

Thanks Steve.

Back from the dealer, the front bank O2 sensor was shot. Luckily I got the extended Gold warranty, good to 75k miles. Cost only $50, otherwise the part would've been $200 and the labor $250. Pshew. :wacko:

Have to bring it in tomorrow, let it sit for 20+ minutes, and then the repair will take 1 1/2 hours. :cries: