Timing Belt Mark!

You've read 'em before and I have a New Question.

Am I to understand that there is a "MARK" somewhere that a mech puts on the motor to signify that a timing belt had been done at a certain mi?

Please respond

And I did check the vin to see if it had been done at the dealer :(

From what I have read and have been told, sometimes the date has been drawn onto the engine somewhere. Apparently, Lexus repair guys do this the most, but it isn't always recorded. I need to find out the same about a cars I am considering buying.

you have a 400 right? i forgot exactly where but it should be on some where fairly visible like in between the two distributors like you say i think thats the one. the misc.# is the milage and date that it was changed at. this sticker only comes with the timing belt from the dealer. if it was changed somewhere else that means that they got an aftermarket belt

Not sure yet but probably not.

The garage that I used to bring my old Porsche to will be doing it.

But I want to know more about the sticker thats on a plastic cover right between the 2 distributors.

................ //////////////////////////////////////////

with #s......... 092802................................0075

.............................1UZ-Z83T............................52

Dots are actually spaces/////// is the bar code

We do not mark the timing belt when we replace them. There is a sticker comes with the t-belt. We write down the date and miles when we replace them. Timing belt on the V8 is a lot harder than the I6. My client finally towed his vehicle to my shop after he screw up the t-belt on his 96 sc400. Good luck.

JPI