Tires Suggestions For 2000 Es300

I'm at a crossroads on tire selections for my ES300. I have been reading reviews on tirerack.com, 1010tires.com, and this forum.

After reading several reviews, I have added the following tires to my list (per my budget):

Bridgestone Potenza G009

Yokohama Avid H4S

Falken Ziex ZE-512

Continental ContiPremierContact

Please give your opinion of these tires.

I need to order some tires ASAP, due to low tread on my stock Bridgestone Potenza 92s.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm at a crossroads on tire selections for my ES300.  I have been reading reviews on tirerack.com, 1010tires.com, and this forum.

After reading several reviews, I have added the following tires to my list (per my budget):

Bridgestone Potenza G009

Yokohama Avid H4S

Falken Ziex ZE-512

I need to order some tires ASAP, due to low tread on my stock Bridgestone Potenza 92s.

Thanks.

Your first choice should be the Goodyear Triple Treads - www.goodyearassurance.com

second choice should be the Falken Ziex ZE-512.

Third, I would go with the Yoko's. Keep us posted & good luck! B)

:cheers:

I decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza G009's. I got them from Tire Rack.

I couldn't find any Lexus owners with them...so I decided to be the 'guiney pig'.

I'll write reviews of them during my experience.

• 2 months later...
Best of luck cb.......not as high a treadwear as some other choices but they 'appear' to be decent from the postings on tirerack.  B)

]

Too bad... I have four new tires Falken St115 alot better than the Zeix you were thinking of for cheap. $350 plus shipping for all 4.

Best of luck cb.......not as high a treadwear as some other choices but they 'appear' to be decent from the postings on tirerack.   B)

]

Too bad... I have four new tires Falken St115 alot better than the Zeix you were thinking of for cheap. $350 plus shipping for all 4.

They are not in the same category as the Ziex 512's.....were talking all season performance (ziex 512) compared to UHP summer tires (ST 115).....so it's not apples & apples. One won't get the mileage or longevity out of the 115's as the Ziex. ;)

I'm at a crossroads on tire selections for my ES300.  I have been reading reviews on tirerack.com, 1010tires.com, and this forum.

Bridgestone Potenza G009

Yokohama Avid H4S

Falken Ziex ZE-512

Thanks.

Your first choice should be the Goodyear Triple Treads - www.goodyearassurance.com

second choice should be the Falken Ziex ZE-512.

Third, I would go with the Yoko's. Keep us posted & good luck! B)

Lexusfreak,

Hmmm... I see from other postings that you have the Toyo TPT's (I bought those for my 2002 ES300 1.5yrs ago). Other than the very much increased road noise, I love the traction being a big improvement over my OEM MXV4's.

I'm back in the market for tires, having worn mine out at 35-40K. I see in the note I am quoting that you're recommending tripple threads, Ziex, and Yoko's. Are Toyo's out of the picture? Or were you simply responding to the options listed in the beginning of this thread?

• 4 weeks later...
Lexusfreak,

Hmmm... I see from other postings that you have the Toyo TPT's (I bought those for my 2002 ES300 1.5yrs ago).  Other than the very much increased road noise, I love the traction being a big improvement over my OEM MXV4's. 

I'm back in the market for tires, having worn mine out at 35-40K.  I see in the note I am quoting that you're recommending tripple threads, Ziex, and Yoko's.   Are Toyo's out of the picture?  Or were you simply responding to the options listed in the beginning of this thread?

Hi blue,

The Toyo's yes are out of the picture....overall I was happy with their performance, but it was time to move on to something better. Goodyear Triple Treads will be on my 01 ES by the end of this month & they are flat out the very best available on an OE size premium all season. H or T speed rated with an 80k mile treadlife, plus they were 1st overall in a recent Consumer Reports test (Nov 2005) of some 18+ all season tires. More info can be found at....

www.goodyearassurance.com

&...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...re1=yes&place=5

The Falken Ziex ZE-512 is a very good choice as well. B)

Good luck with your choice & let us know what you decide. B)

• 1 month later...
Best of luck cb.......not as high a treadwear as some other choices but they 'appear' to be decent from the postings on tirerack.  B)

]

Did you have the st 115's on your car? They actually have the same tread life as the 512's,if you did not like them please explain. Also what size you were running? thanks John

Even if they are the same treadlife....we still are comparing a summer tire to an all season. ;)

they dont have the same tread ife. the ZE512 i have is a 60K treadlife, the tires abouve have a 30K treadlife. and they WILL NOT WORK in the snow. i have a friend who has them on an AWD eclipse, and that car is essentially parked for the winter. no can do with those in the snow. the ZE512 is a better all around general purpose tire. if you want GRIP in the summer and ONLY the summer... the ST115 is better. i find the ST115 is more suited to Hi-po RWD cars, like supras and the like.

Even if they are the same treadlife....we still are comparing a summer tire to an all season. ;)

they dont have the same tread ife. the ZE512 i have is a 60K treadlife, the tires abouve have a 30K treadlife. and they WILL NOT WORK in the snow. i have a friend who has them on an AWD eclipse, and that car is essentially parked for the winter. no can do with those in the snow. the ZE512 is a better all around general purpose tire. if you want GRIP in the summer and ONLY the summer... the ST115 is better. i find the ST115 is more suited to Hi-po RWD cars, like supras and the like.

Agreed Army. B)

Agreed Army. B)

I am sure they will not work in the snow but I know I saw them rated with the same tread life in dtd I believe.Both are 360AA.

Edited by ZINFANDEL22

Agreed Army. B)

I am sure they will not work in the snow but I know I saw them rated with the same tread life in dtd I believe.Both are 360AA.

the ZE512 comes in 50,000 miles and 60,000 miles (400 and 420 treadwear rating)

Agreed Army. B)

I havent seen those ratings army at least in my size tire.. 215x50 17's I just went off of dtd ,I hope it is longer. I just bought my daughter 4 more ziex 512's ,she got over 40,000 miles out of them.

they dont have the same tread ife. the ZE512 i have is a 60K treadlife, the tires above have a 30K treadlife. and they WILL NOT WORK in the snow. i have a friend who has them on an AWD eclipse, and that car is essentially parked for the winter. no can do with those in the snow. the ZE512 is a better all around general purpose tire. if you want GRIP in the summer and ONLY the summer... the ST115 is better. i find the ST115 is more suited to Hi-po RWD cars, like supras and the like.

Agreed Army. B)

I havent seen those ratings army at least in my size tire.. 215x50 17's I just went off of dtd ,I hope it is longer. I just bought my daughter 4 more ziex 512's ,she got over 40,000 miles out of them.

i didnt know you had the 50 series, once you drop below the 55 series sidewall, treadwear rating drops to 360 (30-35K miles)

if you are an easy going driver, its possible to squeeze 50K out of a 55 series or less, providing you never squeal the tires. they are simply too soft at that tread depth. but you will still be hard pressed to find a 50 series tire that wears as well and as slowly as the ZE512.

Sorry for the confusion, i assumed we were talking about non low profile tires here in reference to the ZE512.

Edited by ArmyofOne

they dont have the same tread ife. the ZE512 i have is a 60K treadlife, the tires above have a 30K treadlife. and they WILL NOT WORK in the snow. i have a friend who has them on an AWD eclipse, and that car is essentially parked for the winter. no can do with those in the snow. the ZE512 is a better all around general purpose tire. if you want GRIP in the summer and ONLY the summer... the ST115 is better. i find the ST115 is more suited to Hi-po RWD cars, like supras and the like.

Agreed Army. B)

i didnt know you had the 50 series, once you drop below the 55 series sidewall, treadwear rating drops to 360 (30-35K miles)

if you are an easy going driver, its possible to squeeze 50K out of a 55 series or less, providing you never squeal the tires. they are simply too soft at that tread depth. but you will still be hard pressed to find a 50 series tire that wears as well and as slowly as the ZE512.

Sorry for the confusion, i assumed we were talking about non low profile tires here in reference to the ZE512.

I kinda figured that army cuz I know you know your sh@t. I am fine with 40,000 miles out of a 75.00 tire. :cheers::cheers: They look good wear good in all weather best tire for the buck buddy I agree.. :cheers:

I kinda figured that army cuz I know you know your sh@t. I am fine with 40,000 miles out of a 75.00 tire.:cheers: :cheers: They look good wear good in all weather best tire for the buck buddy I agree..:cheers:

The 55 series Falken's & lower series (50,45 etc) start to loose vital grip on slippery surfaces after about 22k - 23k miles, but overall value is still excellent. The 60 & up series even more so & if I had to do it all over again (for my wife's leased Focus - 205 50 16) I would go Falken again as that is a unusual size. B)

I kinda figured that army cuz I know you know your sh@t. I am fine with 40,000 miles out of a 75.00 tire.:cheers::cheers: They look good wear good in all weather best tire for the buck buddy I agree..:cheers:

The 55 series Falken's & lower series (50,45 etc) start to loose vital grip on slippery surfaces after about 22k - 23k miles, but overall value is still excellent. The 60 & up series even more so & if I had to do it all over again (for my wife's leased Focus - 205 50 16) I would go Falken again as that is a unusual size. B)

Finding the tire you like in your size can be a pain especially if you start going to a larger rim. I can not get the tripple treads in my size like I wanted,but they may add new sizes in time also. :whistles:

• 3 weeks later...

Finding the tire you like in your size can be a pain especially if you start going to a larger rim. I can not get the tripple treads in my size like I wanted,but they may add new sizes in time also.:whistles:

The triple treads do not come in any sizes below a 55 series & their largest (at least as of today) is 225 55 17. B)