Get $25 Restaurant Gift Certificate In Your Area

I hate new members on this board that have absolutely NOTHING to offer, except to advertise. Come on moderators & administrators, lets keep this board for members that have questions or answer questions!! :chairshot:

Come on moderators & administrators, lets keep this board for  members that have questions or answer questions!!

Settle down Alan. :rolleyes:

Sorry to say, but moderators and administrators can't be on every minute of the day. We get to these nuisance threads when we can. They are removed and the author is warned. We usually get to these within 12 hours or so of the original post.

Please be patient, we will get to them.

steviej

How do you suggest we battle spammers ,Alan ?

Do what we do on my website........see if the poster recently registered, and if his first posting had absolutely nothing to do with what the site is all about.....delete the post and possibly ban him/her.

Our moderators and administrators do this immediately! We don't stand for this type of crap! :angry:

P.S. I noticed that you guys just did it. Good job. :) Now you should detete the entire thread. :rolleyes:

Do what we do on my website........see if the poster recently registered, and if his first posting had absolutely nothing to do with what the site is all about.....delete the post and possibly ban him/her.

we do

Our moderators and administrators do this immediately!  We don't stand for this type of crap!  :angry:

so you have moderators online 24x7? retirement must be nice. :D

P.S. I noticed that you guys just did it. Good job. 

Thank you. Like I said in my first post: we try to do our best.

Now you should detete the entire thread.  :rolleyes:

not yet. in few days, I am using this as a learning example for other members.

:whistles: :whistles: :rolleyes: :D :D

Thanks for your help Alan.

steviej

Sorry this wasn't done quite quickly enough for you, but I know that I personally remove 3-6 of these postings every day and on top of that I know the other mods and admins do also.

We do the best we can do, but we're just people. We all have to work and provide for our families and while we care about the site and are on here as much as we can be, sometimes our actual lives just have to take priority. Sometimes that means you might have to look at an advertisement for a couple hours until one of us gets here, sorry.

There are two other options.

1. We can make it so every new member must be screened before their membership can be activated, which would dramatically slow our growth.

2. Or we can make it so every new post needs to be cleared before it can be viewed on the site, which would do the same thing.

I dont think you want us to do either of those things.

because letting people do that sets up for an invite to hundreds of others that want to advertize. It misinforms others the actual use of these forums. not to mention, steers people away from spending time on here.

because letting people do that sets up for an invite to hundreds of others that want to advertize.   It misinforms others the actual use of these forums.  not to mention, steers people away from spending time on here.

No one's saying we're going to let that happen. I just mean posting a thread on the board complaining because a spam post has been there for two hours and hasn't been removed yet, and insinuating that the administration of the site needs to step up to the plate and patrol the forums more, especially when things like that are almost always removed immediately, is unreasonable.

EDIT- I just checked. Actually the original complaint was posted 38 minutes after the spam post was posted. Come on Alan, cut us a break here :wacko: