MY new car with HIR bulbs,Intake,Exhaust,JIC

SKperformance

I will be spending some more time over here now.

I just bought this car last week and have already gone to New Jersey last weekend. It is amazing and so smooth but rolls like hell in corners.

The gas milage is not that bad ,it takes $70 to fill with premium and i get about 600km a tank so far.

It actually took me 8 hours to Jersey on 3/4 of a tank so about $50.

I think it will be a toy for me shortly even if it is for my wife.

Already have an L-sportline exhaust and am probably going to get the kit also.

Someone else has some JIC suspension locally and then just some rims and it will be done.

Have a wood shifter on the way and possible a steering wheel to match. Also got new Lexus mats to freshen up the interior.

It is a rare colour for me as i have never seen an LS that looks silver but with a hint of green. It is called silver jade mettalic or something.

Already changed the HVAC filter witht eh most expensive filter hta homedepot sells rather than waste the money on the LEXUS oem one. CLeaned the maf and seafoam in the gas for the ride home.

Other than that have not done a thing and i doubt i will as it is a dealer maintained car with 250 000km for some cars that is alot but this baby doesn;t even show it. Their is not even one leak under it.

Only issues are it

Needs a new left outer taillight

R side mirror as the dimming section has fogged

Some new corners to reclear.

Well here is some pics

PICT0004_001.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

Wow congrats man!!! I love the 98-00 LS. A little TLC for the interior and she'll look great!! We let my cousin borrow the 96 for about aweek and her new husband cleaned the inside up real well for us. Now I know how it feels to have aclean car. Usually I am th eone doin the cleanin LOL! Luckily I was able to get the armor all of my $40 cluster glass befopre it left a streak like the last one did!

thanks and congrats again!

P.S.- I love that color

Nice ride man. Love the look of the clear corners. Did you clear them? Im thinking about clearing mine.

Also love the look of those headlight washers, they come in handy at times. You also have DRL's, we didnt get those till 99.

You are correct on the rolling in corners, thats why I got a L-sportline suspension setup, lost some of the Lexus ride, but corners much better, and no more break dive.

lots of roll in the corners thats a beautiful ride make sure to clean up the inside wish i had thse washers your gonna love it i also get about 500+ miles highway on the tank

Thanks guys,

What is funny the car is pretty clean inside, just the reflections through the camera show small specks on the interior mats and leather.

I never noticed it is in the pic ,since it isn't in the car.

I never use the headlight washers on my ES since the car is always clean and they would only make it dirty anyway. Just look at the ES in the pic and think it got washed about 1 month ago.

It sits in the garage and especially now since i have a new toy.

All our Canadian cars have had DRL's since 1990 as law , so it was no option for our cars.

Yes i cleared the corners, it was so annoying compared to the ES which i have taken the front lights apart X2 and the rears once. This stanly set is totaly different in build since it does not use silicone but an epoxy which can only break apart not release with heat.

I cracked the lenses and sealed them back so it is not as noticable but i want to replace them anyway and do it all over again but better.

By then i should have some tower LED bulbs to fill them out perfectly.

Congrats...what a great car!! I like the auto magazine pose you setup with your two cars. Enjoy her for several, several more years as ~156k miles is nothing on a LS. ;) What kind of maping software do you have on that little HP (if my eyes aren't decieving me!)?

I bought the HP ipaq system for my 5500.

It uses the navtec software so basically the same as every other OEM car like Lexus,Acura and BMW as the list goes on.

I have a bluetooth gps module for it as well as microsoft streets and maps but i have never used it yet.

I lvoe the car ,my wife is not fond of it but likes it.

She is stuck on getting a GS which is what i originally wanted to buy. All she tells me is when are we going to flip it.

Personally after the past week i want to keep it for a long time.

She can get a GS later on if i find a nice spectra mica blue 98-99 in mint shape for a good price as well.

That's a sweet looking machine! I like the color! I would like to have black interior as well, easier to keep clean in my opinion, but down here in NC, I'd cook the duke boys everytime I got in it during the summer months.

Nice car amigo!

That's a sweet looking machine! I like the color! I would like to have black interior as well, easier to keep clean in my opinion, but down here in NC, I'd cook the duke boys everytime I got in it during the summer months.

Nice car amigo!

yo nc i have the black on black and i fall in love evey time i get in it i wish i could post some pics but wifey has the digital camera down in geogia

Thanks again.

I have an ES also which will not part my side for life.

This is an addition to the gang i have.

And yes i cleaned my maf and TB like i do with all of them with an oil change.It is part of periodic maintance for me and i never have had an issue with any car.

The colour is hard to catch through a lens , I will try my 4 meg camera later on with some better setups besides my driveway.

Here are some new pics with it now lowered with JIC SF-1's and an L-sportline exhaust.

I am getting the 3pcs spoiler and i won a set of 19inch 5spoek L-sportline rims on ebay to match.

before

PICT0008.jpg

after

PICT0019.sized.jpg

rear

PICT0021.sized.jpg

It is low and i neeed to raise the front up a little bit but it looks amazing to me.

Never let someone tell you a coilover does not drive great. ONly crap products deliver crap , i got one of the best and it is not soft like the original LS400 design was for a car as a couch. Now i can take a corner at 5mph without kissing my passangers and if i press the gas/ brakes it no longer dives and squats like before.

A definate improvment

Sweet ride man, sweet ride. Be sure to check out my Fog light mod, its a must. you'll be the only one in Canada with it ;)

Edit: If your cars are like us in the US, they are set not to operate the fogs without the main headlights... which I thought was a stupid idea. Plus it looks hot close to sunset.

I'll try and get a better pic.

post-11625-1121664896_thumb.jpg

Thanks again

I need a new right fog light before i get that done as mine is cracked.

I also got a set of HIR's which is in the mail right now for my fogs.

I am going to rewire it from the relay to a constant with the parking lights.

I also want to have an amber bulb in the corners to complete the lighting for the front end as i think it needs some sort of border to the headlights.

What do you mean by HIR's?

Is that a brand of bulbs?

Yeah, I have the fogs set with the parking lights, that way I don’t have to switch them on and off independently all the time. However, you might want to try to set them independently since you have DRL's, they would look nice with those too.

But that part is easy, it’s only a matter of plugging the wire to the right fuse. You can either tap with to the wipers, or parking lamps.

Edit: Not sure if you read my fog light thread, but rewiring the relay isnt enough, you have to run an independent wire from the fog light switch in the lighting stalk. (blue and red wire).

What do you mean by HIR's?

Is that a brand of bulbs?

Yeah, I have the fogs set with the parking lights, that way I don’t have to switch them on and off independently all the time. However, you might want to try to set them independently since you have DRL's, they would look nice with those too.

But that part is easy, it’s only a matter of plugging the wire to the right fuse. You can either tap with to the wipers, or parking lamps.

Edit: Not sure if you read my fog light thread, but rewiring the relay isnt enough, you have to run an independent wire from the fog light switch in the lighting stalk. (blue and red wire).

SK, Congrats on the new LS. Beautiful car and I am sure it will be like new or better when you are done with it. :cheers:

Thanks again.

I have an ES also which will not part my side for life.

This is an addition to the gang i have.

And yes i cleaned my maf and TB like i do with all of them with an oil change.It is part of periodic maintance for me and i never have had an issue with any car.

The colour is hard to catch through a lens , I will try my 4 meg camera later on with some better setups besides my driveway.

Have you ever cleaned MAF on a 1990 LS?

HIR bulbs are halogen bulbs but have a different lens which reflects light back to the filament to reduce heat but increase light output.

They cost about $60 a pair and use no extra wiring or electronics.

type HIR in google or ebay for more.

Nice ride SK!! I know what you mean about it rolling in the corners...in that respect it does not behave like the ES. Everything else about the car is awesome though!

I have the round amber fog lights on my 94 ES and they really make a difference at night (even with the Sylvania Silverstars for headlights); but on the LS, the standard stock fog lights (mine are white/clear) are so dim that I can turn them off and not even notice any difference with the HIDs turned on.

Do you think its worth looking into making the fogs on the LS the same amber lighting as the 94 ES?

I was actually planning on getting a set of Catz foglights and using the old foglights as a housing to mount them into and the rest of the opening part of an intake system for an intake i want to build.

The foglights are such a peice of crap ,they don't work work a damn.

I like my catz on my ES with my HID's on them, they are actually usefull to a point.

The stock projector fogs on the ES are pretty useless also since they are a projector which is the opposite of what a fog light is supposed to do.