Best Wax On The Planet

i know this has been covered millions of times before, and i did do a very thorough search here on LOC., but what is THE BEST wax EVER for clearcoat cars?

I know there are many opinions, but not everybody has tried EVERY wax out there. Is there a definite best wax out there?

I need something to make this blue really shiny, and have the best protection. It's so dull; just age.

please don't get mad i'm bringing this up again but i think i need a more for sure answer...Just a name of a wax that WILL make it EXTREMELY shiny.

I'm using this $5.99 turtle wax stuff i got at some store 5 years ago LOL.

Also, hows the best way to apply it? I have this red foam round thing that's all covered in dried wax so i wont be using this again.

Any help will be appreciated!!

No such thing. There are tons of great products out there and all of them have stregnths and weaknesses.

What you're missing is wax alone wont make the paint shiny and it won't renew the paint to a like new condition. Detailing is a process, there are steps that have to be taken and techniques that have to be used if you want to get the paint looking as good as it gets. People wouldn't pay detailers $40-$60 an hour if the perfect finish came in a bottle. When the paint is prepped properly then the final product (wax/sealant) really doesn't make that much difference in the appearance.

Read around the detailing forum and the car care section, all the info you need is here you just have to consume it. There are step by step tutorials on washing, waxing, claying, polishing, interiors, chip repair, metal polishing, engine detailing you name it.

Before anyone else posts, anyone who says "Such and such is the best product ever" doesn't have enough experience with detailing to know what they're talking about. If you keep trying things in bottles looking for a great finish you'll always be dissapointed. Whats making your finish cloudy is defects, scratches, hazing, oxidation, imbedded contaminants and staining. These things need to be REMOVED before the paint will look good.

You've got a lot of reading to do, do the reading then come back to us for clarification.

hes right you know i felt likeyou did but now ive almost read everything about detailing on the forum and trying to put products together with a plan to bring my paint back to life

As SW03ES has eluded to the best product to make a vehicle paint shine is called surface preparation, once you've 'applied' this any wax/sealant you apply will be the best shine. (if it came in a bottle I would not be able to charge $300+ for a vehicle detail

The aesthetics of a vehicles appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you...

It really does all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder.

JonM

• 1 month later...

I would recommend Klasse All In One and Klasse High Glass Sealant Glaze.

The Klasse All In One(AIO) is a paint cleaner and acrylic sealant which is great at removing slight oxidation, minor scratches, The protection should last a month or two (even longer if you use their sealant glaze.

Klasse All In One

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

The Klasse All In One(AIO) is a paint cleaner and acrylic sealant which is great at removing slight oxidation, minor scratches, The protection should last a month or two (even longer if you use their sealant glaze.

Klasse All In One

can you oln ybuy it online or do they sell it at retail stores etc?

Klasse All In One

can you oln ybuy it online or do they sell it at retail stores etc?

Good question. I know the distributor is in CA. Search the net for Klasse dealers.

If not it would only take 2-3 days using Priority mail.

• 3 months later...

Hi:

I am not going to claim that Premium EZ Wax is the best thing to wax our beloved machines. But it has one advantage it does not require water and it has carnauba is clear coat safe and it lubricates the dirt. www.premiumezwax.com

It not as good a someone professional detailing the car but it sure leaves it shining and nice. I also have used the Turtle Wax Clear Coat Safe and is very neat product leaving the car very nice. I also love the kit easy buffing wax nice to apply and leaves good shine for a low cost. But the EZ wax is about one of the best waxes I seen for the easy application and shine, because you do not have to wash the car unless it has chunks of dirt.

Klasse All In One

why only a month or two? that seems a pretty short time for a top of line wax. I like zymol cuz I like to use my hands to put it on you can feel everything. Zaino is also very good it just seems to go on and off so easy I wonder if its really working.lol But as stated once you clean the paint pours your wax should come off with no problem,and I enjoy waxing so I do so every couple months at least.

Klasse All In One

why only a month or two? that seems a pretty short time for a top of line wax. I like zymol cuz I like to use my hands to put it on you can feel everything. Zaino is also very good it just seems to go on and off so easy I wonder if its really working.lol But as stated once you clean the paint pours your wax should come off with no problem,and I enjoy waxing so I do so every couple months at least.

Hello everyone, I bought a 93LS400 from florida. The paint color is great. But the front bumper, hood and in front if the moon roof. Also the windshield felt like fine sand paper. I assume from blowing sand. I read most of the lititure in the forums.

I started with # 7 brand clear coat polishing compound. It smothed some and removed the heaver scratches. Then I used Meguiars scratch X. Removed the finer scratches. Then applied Mothers California Gold clay bar. This is wonderful. Really did a great job even after the other two products. Then cleaned with Meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner. The final coat was Meguiars NXT Tech wax. The paint has a deeper luster ( this is a Diamond Pearl White car ). The flakes are glowing. AND the finish is smooth and as slick as ice. I also tryed the free sample of Mothers carnauba cleaner wax that came with the clay system on my side mirrors and a spot on the hood. These areas are even more smooth. (Maybe it's just the second coat ).

Some of this may have been overkill. But hte final result is awsome. Sorry no pics. I don't have a digital camera.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no "magic bullet".....getting and keeping a shiny vehicle is a process that requires trial and error to locate the best combination that works for you. There are tons of products out there - Klass, Meguires, Wolfgang, and the list goes on and on. Experimenting is half the fun. Hit autopia and look around.

I ahve one corner of my garage that has numerous shelves that are filled with detailing products. I will switch around as I see fit. I will use one 'exclusively' for a time and then try something else and use that for a while. Right now I'm using Zaino with good results for paint and 303 for the rubber and dash. I also use Meguires NXT for the interior. Keep experimenting and enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no "magic bullet".....getting and keeping a shiny vehicle is a process that requires trial and error to locate the best combination that works for you. There are tons of products out there - Klass, Meguires, Wolfgang, and the list goes on and on. Experimenting is half the fun. Hit autopia and look around.

I ahve one corner of my garage that has numerous shelves that are filled with detailing products. I will switch around as I see fit. I will use one 'exclusively' for a time and then try something else and use that for a while. Right now I'm using Zaino with good results for paint and 303 for the rubber and dash. I also use Meguires NXT for the interior. Keep experimenting and enjoy yourself.

This is true, and is very gratifing to see your results. I will highly reccomend using a claying product. The results were fantastic. Before I tried it I thought it was "bull".

When you use zaino are'nt you more less commited to their line of products though? Can you put the zaino product over a different product with out fear of not bonding? After reading around a person can get confused so I ask is this the case with products like zaino or zymol? Is it best to stay with the same family of product from point a-z?

Well its not the case with Zymol, nothing really special about Zymol its just wax. The Zaino you can use whatever you want underneath it, just do a dawn wash before you apply the Zaino to make sure no oils or fillers were left behind. Zaino does also have a swirl remover now which I've heard some good things about.

Well its not the case with Zymol, nothing really special about Zymol its just wax. The Zaino you can use whatever you want underneath it, just do a dawn wash before you apply the Zaino to make sure no oils or fillers were left behind. Zaino does also have a swirl remover now which I've heard some good things about.

So using the zaino swirl remover first then you can apply like wolfgangs sealant that could work no problem?