Warning Lights - Defective Charcoal Canister

steve_n

I asked a question in March when my GX470 warning lights (Check Engine+vsc Off+vsc Trac+Slip Indicator) all came on at once after only two weeks and less than 140 miles. Please see the thread in:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=18799

I wanted to give a final update. The first time I took it, the service at the dealership said a loose gas cap and reset the code. The warning lights came on again within three weeks and about 600 miles. I took it back and here is the diagnosis and fix:

CHECKED WITH SCAN TOOL CODE IN SYSTEM FOR LEAK IN EVAP

CONNECTED SMOKE MACHINE LEAK FROM CHARCOAL CANISTER

INSTALLED NEW UPDATED CHARCOAL CANISTER

With the above, the problem appears to have been fixed. This is the same fix two other owners reported in the last posting. Just wanted to share this for the benefit of others who may encounter the same problem. Looks like they had a bad batch of charcoal canister.

Steve

I asked a question in March when my GX470 warning lights (Check Engine+vsc Off+vsc Trac+Slip Indicator) all came on at once after only two weeks and less than 140 miles.  Please see the thread in:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=18799

I wanted to give a final update.  The first time I took it, the service at the dealership said a loose gas cap and reset the code.  The warning lights came on again within three weeks and about 600 miles.  I took it back and here is the diagnosis and fix:

CHECKED WITH SCAN TOOL CODE IN SYSTEM FOR LEAK IN EVAP

CONNECTED SMOKE MACHINE LEAK FROM CHARCOAL CANISTER

INSTALLED NEW UPDATED CHARCOAL CANISTER

With the above, the problem appears to have been fixed.  This is the same fix two other owners reported in the last posting.  Just wanted to share this for the benefit of others who may encounter the same problem.  Looks like they had a bad batch of charcoal canister.

Steve

I guess they really want you to verify the charcoal canister is working ...

:whistles: