Lexus Paint Soft?

xBmwMan

I've got a 2004 LS430 and after my trip to Florida last week, I've noticed about 15 or more small chips in the paint (bumper, grill area and hood). My car's color is Flint Mica and where the chips are it show the gray primer underneath (or something that is light gray) and looks like crap. I've owned BMWs and Mercedes and never had chips little these before. I did not see or experience any gravel hitting the front of the car, just bugs for the most part. This car has only 15,000 miles on it and it looks like it has seen 50,000 miles of bad road. Question: is this normal are do all Lexus's have soft paint?

Lexus paint does chip easily, you might be surprised though how much of that can be repaired by simply claying and polishing the front end. I always reccomend to everyone that buys a new Lexus that they have a clear bra installed on the front end. I wish I had.

Unfortunately the chipping is a byproduct of the new low VOC paints all the carmakers have to use nowadays.

Lexus paint does chip easily, you might be surprised though how much of that can be repaired by simply claying and polishing the front end. I always reccomend to everyone that buys a new Lexus that they have a clear bra installed on the front end. I wish I had.

Unfortunately the chipping is a byproduct of the new low VOC paints all the carmakers have to use nowadays.

I wish I could clay or polish it out but the chips seem to be to the primer. I have some touchup paint but it looks kind of crappy compared to the orginal finish. I guess at some point I'll have to have the front end repainted :cries:

i have those same chips all on my grill from th highway so i bought a colgan 2 piece brs and it looks real good atsome point ill get it taken care of because it gets o my nerves but not now