New Keyless Remote

O K this is for 1993-1997 GS300’s and others that uses the keyless with one button on the side, they have these listed on ebay (used) when I got my 96 GS300 both master key remotes were broken the key blades were still good though.

I bought one of these used keys off ebay with the FCC ID HYQWDT-B which matched mine, I then remove the key blade from it and swapped it with my broken master’s blade. I then programmed the remote to my car so now I have a keyless master remote that works.

Win

Can you tell me how you programmed your remote?  I have searched this forum and everything is for the 98+ GS. 

Thank You

This is the info I think I got it on this forum I it saved in my email. It work for me on the second try. Good luck Win

Programing Instructions for Lexus Keyless Remote:

1. Start with key out of switch, drivers door open, all other doors and trunk closed, doors unlocked.

2. Insert key in ignition, DO NOT TURN ON, and remove key.

3. Using drivers side power door lock button, lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

4. Close drivers door and open it. Again lock and unlock doors 5 times within 40 seconds, ending with doors unlocked.

5. Insert key into ignition and turn from LOCK to ON to LOCK one time. Remove key from ignition.

6. Door locks will cycle one time.

7. Press lock button on transmitter for at least one second. Door locks will cycle.

10. Within 20 seconds, close drivers door and open it and press button on transmtter again for at least one second.

11. Door locks will cycle. Wait 20 seconds and registration will be completed.

**if it does not work, start over from beginning, it may take several attempts. If it does not work, contact your local dealer.

• 5 months later...
O K this is for 1993-1997 GS300’s and others that uses the keyless with one button on the side, they have these listed on ebay (used) when I got my 96 GS300 both master key remotes were broken the key blades were still good though.

I bought one of these used keys off ebay with the FCC ID HYQWDT-B which matched mine, I then remove the key blade from it and swapped it with my broken master’s blade. I then programmed the remote to my car so now I have a keyless master remote that works.

Win

How did you get your blade out? Mine is a 96 es 300 with button on the side but blade seems to be molded in the plastic?

• 3 weeks later...

Win

How did you get your blade out? Mine is a 96 es 300 with button on the side but blade seems to be molded in the plastic?

Sorry for the delay I haven't been on the forum for a while, I cut around the key with a utility knife and use a drop of epoxy on assembly, mine is still going strong good luck

Will this work for the 98+ model? I tried it, and everything worked up to the last step. I tried probably at least 5 times.

Do I need to keep trying? Or is it a different sequence?

No this is for older models 93-97 we could swap cars though. :)

Edited by Win Lowe

• 7 months later...

Will this work for the 98+ model? I tried it, and everything worked up to the last step. I tried probably at least 5 times.

No this is for older models 93-97 we could swap cars though. :)

Question: my shell is cracked on my 94 LS400 remote key (single button). Is it possible to take the transmitter out and replace it in another shell? I am thinking about buying one on ebay.

This wont work on 98-02 your dealer has to do them and you need an extra master key otherwise youll need an ecu.