Es300 1998 Keyless Remote Programming

I lost one of the keyless remotes of es300 with FCC ID:HYQ1512P. I'm planning to buy one from ebay but I do not know how to programm it.

How to program this? Any help is appriciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 1 year later...

Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

Unlock and open the driver's door.

Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just remove it).

Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock the door 5 times.

Close the door.

Open the door.

Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times (I'm almost certain you use the MANUAL lock switch again, but if this sequence fails to work, try again with the power switch).

Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.

Remove the key.

The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself one time.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least 1 second.

Close the driver's door.

Open the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least one second.

Close the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob. The door will lock.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob again. The door will unlock.

You should be all set.

• 7 months later...

tried the suggested routine (open/close doors, lock/unlock 5 times a few times, etc.) and the remote will not operate the doors.

All i had done was replace the battery with a fresh one. is there some way to determine if the remote is still working?

Some one provided a routine like the one above with different number of key on/off repititions: 1 = add, 2=rewrite, 3=confirm, etc. but i don;'t really know what those options do (1 = add is the one I've tried) and am concerned trying the others might stop my other working remote to stop working.

any feedback and help is appreciated.

Thanks for having this type of forum available. hope it helps.

tried the suggested routine (open/close doors, lock/unlock 5 times a few times, etc.) and the remote will not operate the doors.

All i had done was replace the battery with a fresh one. is there some way to determine if the remote is still working?

Some one provided a routine like the one above with different number of key on/off repititions: 1 = add, 2=rewrite, 3=confirm, etc. but i don;'t really know what those options do (1 = add is the one I've tried) and am concerned trying the others might stop my other working remote to stop working.

jwa0 made one minor mistake in the instructions. The very last step should be UNLOCK instead of LOCK. This should unlock the doors. These instructions do work, and I have tried them before last year.

• 1 month later...

jwa0 made one minor mistake in the instructions. The very last step should be UNLOCK instead of LOCK. This should unlock the doors. These instructions do work, and I have tried them before last year.

This does not work on the Key type on a 1992 ES 300...

Does anyone have the directions for the 92/93 ?

Worked perfectly, thanks! (the last line should read UNLOCK not LOCK)

Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

Unlock and open the driver's door.

Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just remove it).

Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock the door 5 times.

Close the door.

Open the door.

Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times (I'm almost certain you use the MANUAL lock switch again, but if this sequence fails to work, try again with the power switch).

Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.

Remove the key.

The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself one time.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least 1 second.

Close the driver's door.

Open the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least one second.

Close the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob. The door will lock.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob again. The door will unlock.

You should be all set.

• 2 months later...

With this routine also program the chip in the key to start the car? Seems like a dumb question I know. Also the power lock does not work in the car I am programming the key for. Should that be an issue? We just need a spare key.

Thanks,

Steve

For 2003 and earlier:

1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.

2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.

3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.

4. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.

6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.

7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your post here saved me $50. That's what the Lexus dealer wanted for programming the key that I just bought from them. "L" key for $65.

Thanks again for a very helpful post!

Max

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your post here saved me $50. That's what the Lexus dealer wanted for programming the key that I just bought from them. "L" key for $65.

Thanks again for a very helpful post!

Max

You are welcome. We have to help each other in this forum.

• 1 year later...

I cannot get this to work - I deleted all codes, got my original master to program, but the replacement will not program - after I turn the key once and remove it, it locks and unlocks one time, then when I press the Lock button and close and open the door, it cycles 2 times, indicating it did not get the program.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. 98es300, tried the programming instructions above, even as corrected, and it doesn't work. I have tried every different flavor of these suggested on this and every other website, including the lock/unlock correction above, and even another site where they suggested holding the lock and unlock buttons on the remote together. I have tried the sequence with manual lock button on the door. I have tried it with the power lock button. I went to the dealer, they handed me instructions that are like these but not even as clear, and generic for all years....I have no confidence they are correct. Service mumbled something about maybe a faulty door lock actuator could stop it from working, but they all appear to be working.

I get the car into "programming mode", in other words, the lock cycles on and off, but when I push the new remote button (any button), nothing happens. If I push an existing remote, the lock cycles on and off.

I have checked the following

1)When I try the sequence to find out how many remotes are programed, it cycles on and off twice, so I should be able to add a third (4 is t the limit)

2) I had the fob checked at the dealer with a tester. They push a button on it and it has a great signal

3) The battery is new

Has anyone gotten stuck at this point, and what was the magic answer? Please, only someone who succeeded with the HYQ1512P, the standalone fob, on a 98 ES300. Thanks.

• 4 years later...

The post applies to the ES300 2001 Lexus.

Note that this is a two (2) step process.

Step 1. Is programming the key for lock/panic, unlock, and trunk release.

Step 2. Is programming the key to turn on the ignition and the motor.

Step 1.

1. Sit in the 2000 ES300, close all doors, lock all doors.

2. MANUALLY unlock driver’s door only, and open driver’s door, leave open.

3. Insert ORIGINAL Master Key (not the new Master Key) into the ignition, and then remove, don’t turn on.

4. Manually lock/unlock the driver’s door five times (in other words, lock/unlock…lock/unlock…lock/

Unlock…lock/unlock…lock/unlock, while still open.

5. Close driver’s door.

6. Open driver’s door, and leave open.

7. Manually lock/unlock the driver’s door five times (in other words, lock/unlock…lock/unlock…lock/

Unlock…lock/unlock…lock/unlock, while still open.

8. Insert NEW Master Key into the ignition, turn to “On” once, turn to “Off”, then remove the key from the ignition.

PLEASE NOTE AFTER STEP 8, THE LOCKS CYCLED ONCE

9. On the NEW Master Key, press and hold the unlock and the Lock/Panic button at the same time for one second.

10. On the NEW Master Key, press the Lock/Panic button for one second.

THE LOCKS WILL CYCLE AGAIN after step 9

11. Close driver’s door.

12. Open driver’s door and leave open.

13. On the NEW Master Key, press Lock/Panic button for one second.

THE LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE AGAIN.

14. Close driver’s door.

Step 2.

1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.

2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.

3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.

4. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition. Do not turn.

6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.

7. Wait 1 minute, wait until the security light stops blinking.. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed.

8. To finish programming step on brake one time.

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key.

• 1 month later...

Worked perfect after the "UNLOCK" correction in the last step.

Mine is an ES 300 1997.

Just use the MANUAL lock for the part before the insertion of the key. There is no need to use the power switch.

Thank you!!

To all ES 300 97 models:

Be aware that the manually lock and unlock 5 times include 5 locks and 5 unlocks.. so the best way to avoid miss-counting is to count to 10 from the starting point. This will give you the exact 5 locks and unlocks as instructed.