Rear Cargo Mat For Rx400h

no because the rear seats dont fold flat.

That's certainly true. Rear seats don't fold flat.

He has a propensity for hauling stuff in his vehicles. I was hoping to find a way to protect the seat backs when folded down. Thought perhaps there might be some type of aftermarket mat. Guess there's always Scotchgard but that's not a real good solution.

My brother just purchased RX400h on Friday.  Ivory interior with rear cargo mat.  Has anyone seen a "floor mat" that will cover the rear cargo area as well as the back of the rear seat(s) when the rear seats are folded down??

There is such a thing, I saw a brochure of it at my dealership. (Ask the dealer they might be able to point you in the right direction.) It's made of water resistant fabric. There is one piece that covers the back of the seats, bottom, and sides of the cargo area. Another piece apparently attaches to the inside of the back hatch to protect the fabric there. I don't remember what it was called or who makes it though...

A slightly different topic. When I bought my Rx400h the winter ( rubber ) mats I got fit the front fine but the mats for the rear seat floor is not a perfect fit. The tie down clips in the car do not match the holes in the rubber mats and cannot be used. I assume this is because the mats are the same as for the RX330 that does not have the battery under the seat.

The summer ( cloth ) mats fit fine.

Anyone else find this problem??

Ron

A slightly different topic. When I bought my Rx400h the winter ( rubber ) mats I got fit the front fine but the mats for the rear seat floor is not a perfect fit. The tie down clips in the car do not match the holes in the rubber mats and cannot be used. I assume this is because the mats are the same as for the RX330 that does not have the battery under the seat.

Ron

I have the deep-grooved black rubber all-weather Lexus mats also and yes, the front mats fit a lot better/easier than the rear ones. The rear ones do fit fine once you get 'em in (definitely harder to get hooked up) but I find them to be a little on the small side. If the rear passengers stick their dirty feet forwards under the front seats then some grime could drop onto the carpet. But I think the cloth mats aren't any better in that regard.

Ron

I have the deep-grooved black rubber all-weather Lexus mats also and yes, the front mats fit a lot better/easier than the rear ones. The rear ones do fit fine once you get 'em in (definitely harder to get hooked up) but I find them to be a little on the small side. If the rear passengers stick their dirty feet forwards under the front seats then some grime could drop onto the carpet. But I think the cloth mats aren't any better in that regard.

Clarification; My mats are brown not black they will NOT hook up to the rear clips at all.

Ron