What Cell Do You Use?

91L3xus

here's my phone.

it's a LG VX8000 with V-Cast, released early 2005, but my mom recieved it for free in November 2004 as a trial offer to keep since we're so 'loyal' to Verizon. She gave it to me since she had no idea how to use it. (My house was one of the first 50 houses in the US to recieve Verizon FiOS, fiber optic internet). It supposedly[the phone] costed $350- mentioned that on the sheet included with the phone. I can watch TV clips, play 3D games and record videos. Unfortunately i can't afford taht by myself, and my parents won't pay for it. So that service stopped.

My old phone was the LG 4400, nice phone, also my first, but software was terrible and ended up getting 7 of the exact same phone within a year.

Cracked the 8000's screen when a neighbor kicked me...lol.

4400 on the left, 8000 on the right

post-18112-1120248402_thumb.jpg

Samsung P407, with the cool swivel camera.

Cingular service but all service stinks in my area cause I am right on the water.

I am thinking of dumping the phone for the RAZO (motorola)

steviej

Verizon - LG VX4500(no camera)

I love the speakerphone and also the voice recognition feature of this phone. In my car, all I do is clip the phone to my sun visor, flip open the phone cover, say the name of the person I'm calling and it connects. I don't need any additional equipment to talk "hands free".

I didn't want, or need a built in camera that takes crappy pictures. I use my digital camera for this purpose.......AND it doesn't cost me anything to download the pictures to my computer. :)

I didn't want, or need a built in camera that takes crappy pictures. I use my digital camera for this purpose.......AND it doesn't cost me anything to download the pictures to my computer.  :)

Me too!! That's why I dumped my LG VX6100 for an old school Nokia 3285 hard mounted in my LS400 with the Nokia CARK 91H. Speakerphone is great!

Sadly, I have Verizon service. I've never dealt with poorer cell service

gallery_1461_129_1118091445.jpg

Hmmm........I can't understand this statement since 'Consumers Reports' and other Cellphone emags always gives Verizon top marks for all around service. :wacko:

Hmmm........I can't understand this statement since 'Consumers Reports' and other Cellphone emags always gives Verizon top marks for all around service. :wacko:

No offense, but I don't care what Consumer Reports says or anyone else for that matter, VZW sucks in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. I've never dropped more calls and spent more on roaming in all of my life...not to mention their shoddy business practices and esn blacklists. I should have gone with Cingular. :chairshot:

Hmmm........I can't understand this statement since 'Consumers Reports' and other Cellphone emags always gives Verizon top marks for all around service.:wacko:

No offense, but I don't care what Consumer Reports says or anyone else for that matter, VZW sucks in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. I've never dropped more calls and spent more on roaming in all of my life...not to mention their shoddy business practices and esn blacklists. I should have gone with Cingular. :chairshot:

No offense taken, but before I had Verizon I had Cingular, T-Mobile, and Sprint. When I drove cross country using these carriers I had a lot of roaming charges, plus numerous dropped calls. With Verizon I only had 1 roaming charge going thru certain areas of Wisconsin.

So far I haven't had any negative dealings with Verizon.....but I had with the other aforementioned companies.

I guess I was just lucky. hehe :D

Palmone treo 650 unlocked sprint

i'm guessing you bought a "palmone" treo 650, not a Sprint Treo 650 since you said it's unlocked. in that case, does it easily work with Sprint, since Sprint is CDMA and doesn't need a SIM card?? :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

o have a t-mobile account for my company and we are all connected in the network but i personally use verizon..sprint just couldnt get n e worse...i just hate sprint and will never go there again in my life..i pay a couple hundred a month for my service and use about 3000-5000 minutes a month...some one said they use the razor how is it? is is better than the other phones you used?

o have a t-mobile account for my company and we are all connected in the network but i personally use verizon..sprint just couldnt get n e worse...i just hate sprint and will never go there again in my life..i pay a couple hundred a month for my service and use about 3000-5000 minutes a month...some one said they use the razor how is it? is is better than the other phones you used?

Cool, I hate Sprint too! lol :cheers:

My dad has a Razr, and I just don't see what the hype is all about. I find that the buttons are hard to press, and it drives me crazy when he rides with me in the LS because it interferes with my stereo speakers (which are stock). The coolest thing about it is that it's paper thin. Other than that, it's just a well marketed phone.

I'm upgrading soon from my VX8000 to the VX8100, because I've had Verizon for 2+ years now, and I'm eligible for the New Every 2 plan now, so I get $100 the purchase of the phone, plus some other discounts because of all the Verizon services we have. Was thinking about getting the Treo 650, but decided that I would look like a pompous a-hole going to high school and carrying around a Palm instead of a regular flip phone.

8100.jpg

I just bought a Blackberry 7250 to replace my TERRIBLE Motorola V710. Spent some time deciding between the Treo 650 and the Blackberry and in the end the less error prone Blackberry and the push email won me over.

Would either the Treo or Blackberry be good for my mom? She's a schedule freak, somewhat into e-mail, schedule freak, tons of calendars and dates and times written all over the place- she liked the Treo when we were checking out phones to upgrade to; she also liked the really bright screen on it. She also is considering the Samsung one that is about $600, I forget the model number. She liked the QWERTY on both the Treo and the Samsung, but most importantly needs a phone with a good planner. They dind't have a working Blackberry model. Circuit City at Tysons Corner...pcht.

Would either the Treo or Blackberry be good for my mom?  She's a schedule freak, somewhat into e-mail, schedule freak, tons of calendars and dates and times written all over the place- she liked the Treo when we were checking out phones to upgrade to; she also liked the really bright screen on it.  She also is considering the Samsung one that is about $600, I forget the model number.  She liked the QWERTY on both the Treo and the Samsung, but most importantly needs a phone with a good planner.  They dind't have a working Blackberry model.  Circuit City at Tysons Corner...pcht.

The Treo is definately flashier and has a better screen, and it "prettier". You also have the benefit of all the Palm programs and platforms. That said it lacks the ruggedness of a Blackberry, the battery life of a Blackberry, the ease of syncing with computer based scheduling programs of the Blackberry, and the stability of the Blackberry (Treos crash a lot). Its kind of the difference between a consumer and a professional product.

If she's real used to writing lists and notes down it might not be so easy for her to convert to an organizer, some people get really attatched to physically writing down and crossing things off.