Popping Sound Sc400

Hey, I'm brand spanking new to this forum and I would just like to say that you guys and gals have answered plenty of my questions in other topics found on this forum. Anyway,,,,, Every time I start my 1993 sc400 in the morning and turn out of my driveway, I get this popping sound that seems like its coming from the axle or something. When I'm driving everything is cool. Just when I'm turning or backing up in the morning while turning. I could probably live with it but just dont want it to get worse.

Hey, I'm brand spanking new to this forum and I would just like to say that you guys and gals have answered plenty of my questions in other topics found on this forum. Anyway,,,,, Every time I start my 1993 sc400 in the morning and turn out of my driveway, I get this popping sound that seems like its coming from the axle or something. When I'm driving everything is cool. Just when I'm turning or backing up in the morning while turning. I could probably live with it but just dont want it to get worse.

Aw man,,,,, 18 views and no replies? I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

Aw man,,,,, 18 views and no replies? I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

I have the same problem. It seems to happen when there's significant weight transfer to the front of the car - under braking or when the wheels are cranked over and I give it a little gas. Someone here mentioned worn strut mounts, I was thinking the control arm bushings which have been identified as a frequent wear item, but no one's mentioned symptoms.

I have the same problem. It seems to happen when there's significant weight transfer to the front of the car - under braking or when the wheels are cranked over and I give it a little gas. Someone here mentioned worn strut mounts, I was thinking the control arm bushings which have been identified as a frequent wear item, but no one's mentioned symptoms.

I think your right. I asked my mechanic yesterday and he said it might be the control arm bushings.

classic symptoms of lower control arm bushing failure. you have 3 options:replacment arm about 350-500 bucks, daizen bushings, valmos bushings i would recomend if you dont want to pay the price of the arm because daizen bushings are polyurethane and they need greasing every year or every good rain.

classic symptoms of lower control arm bushing failure. you have 3 options:replacment arm about 350-500 bucks,  daizen bushings, valmos bushings i would recomend if you dont want to pay the price of the arm because daizen bushings are polyurethane and they need greasing every year or every good rain.

Thanx alot. how much does it cost to replace the almos bushings. and wheres the cheapest place to find them.

not sure on the price but they should be in the neighborhood of $125-150? try do a google or yahoo search on valmos bushings, or even on the forum and there will be a link somewhere.

Hey, I'm also new just got a 95 sc400..I just heard that same sound yesterday....I'm trying to find out also.