Intermittent A/c Fixed

Thi

• 1 month later...
My 97 LX 450 had intermittence A/C cut off, the radiator was the culprit.  When the temperature rises above a certain point, the A/C is cut off.

Thi

What was wrong with your radiator and what did you have to do to fix it?

Thanks

Zim

94 SC400

Zim,

The radiator was clogged in several places. I used an infrared thermometer in order to scan across the radiator in order to determine some cold spots. I could take it to a local shop in order to get it clean, but it was not an option at the time. I just purchased a rebuilt unit and replaced it. We had to remove the fan, fan clutch, tranny cooling hose. My brother and I replaced it in several hours.

Thi

My 97 LX 450 had intermittence A/C cut off, the radiator was the culprit.  When the temperature rises above a certain point, the A/C is cut off.

Thi

What was wrong with your radiator and what did you have to do to fix it?

Thanks

Zim

94 SC400

Thi

Interested to know would your stereo play while the ac cutoff? because I am having a similar problem with my 96 LX

The cut off switch only effected the A/C in my car, not the stereo.

Thi

Thi

Interested to know would your stereo play while the ac cutoff? because I am having a similar problem with my 96 LX