Changes Between '95 And '96 Gs300

Hello all,

Other than the obvious styling change of the rear lights and the switch to 5 speed auto with the '96 GS300, are there any other differences? I've been looking for a low mileage '95-'97 GS in Florida for the past couple months and actually like the looks of the earlier rear on the lighter colored cars. Was there any performance increase with the 5 speed? I don't see many mods available for the first gen anymore but was planning torque converter upgrade to help with off-the-line performance and possibly intake/exhaust if available.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

Russ

Hello all,

Other than the obvious styling change of the rear lights and the switch to 5 speed auto with the '96 GS300, are there any other differences?  I've been looking for a low mileage '95-'97 GS in Florida for the past couple months and actually like the looks of the earlier rear on the lighter colored cars.  Was there any performance increase with the 5 speed?  I don't see many mods available for the first gen anymore but was planning torque converter upgrade to help with off-the-line performance and possibly intake/exhaust if available. 

Thanks in advance.:cheers:

Russ

The only changes are as follows:

1995: no changes

1996-97: 5-speed automatic transmission, new taillights and rear badging.

and that's about it...