Sc300 Electrical

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing an SC i know for a fact that I want one I'm just stuck on which one to buy the SC400, or the SC300 5-SPD. Well the SC3 has some problems other than it is a terquoise color. The power mirrors wont move neither will the passenger seat. If anyone has experienced this please tell me. This is almost the only reason I'm not getting the sc3. I want 5-SPD!!!!!!

THANKS

The first thing I would do is check the fuses, relays and swithces. Then look at replacement prices. I bought a VW from a guy who said his accelerator kept getting stuck and the A/C didnt work and he just wanted to get rid of it. After some probing, I found that his floormat was getting stuck in the accelerator and the A/C problem was just a blown fuse. I told him they were easy and inexpensive fixes and to keep the car. He sold me the car at a steal because I was honest.

Just a thought!

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing an SC i know for a fact that I want one I'm just stuck on which one to buy the SC400, or the SC300 5-SPD.  Well the SC3 has some problems other than it is a terquoise color.  The power mirrors wont move neither will the passenger seat.  If anyone has experienced this please tell me.  This is almost the only reason I'm not getting the sc3.  I want 5-SPD!!!!!!

THANKS

Please name every single electrical problem that you know about.

Any aftermarket equipment installed on the car? Like audio equipment including speakers, an alarm system,...and even HID lights and fog lights. An aftermarket spoiler w/ LED taillights maybe?

Is there water damage on the inside of the vehicle? Check the sunroof area and the driver/passenger feet area for possible water damage. Any wires that were cut/spliced in the engine bay?

Was the car involved in an accident before?

What type of person are you buying this car from? A older businessman who seems to want a family car? An auto enthusiast? A racer? (Sorry for the profiling, but you have to do a bit of this to possibly know the condition of the car)

Mechanical problems are easily solved. Electrical is a PITA.

5spds are really hard to find, if you can get your hands on one, buy it, no matter what condition its in. Unless you just want a car you can drive with putting as little work into it as possible but still have decent power, then go 400. You can get a Dragon Torque converter to get more power from that V8 to the wheels for under $1000 with a transcooler kit ( http://www.tmengineering.net/performance/t...make/lexus.html ). Like i said, the 5speed is hard to find, if you want a V8 you can mate a 1uzfe or 2uzfe to a supra 6 speed, with a little work, the new IS350 has a 3.5L 6cyl with 300HP stock and a 6spd, that is another possible monster swap for the future. With the 5spd there are alot of possiblities that are alot easier to do when starting with a manual trans car.