Locking Key In 2006 Gs - On Purpose

Does anyone know how to lock the KEY in the GS on purpose??

I park my car a parking lot that closes early. In my old car, they would lock the key and I would have an extra one to open the door.

On the GS, you can seperate the actual metal key, so you could unlock the door with that....the problem is I cannot get the car to stay locked with the KEY inside - it keeps unlocking.

The book says if you keep the key in the Glove Box, the car will not unlock, but it does.

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

it wont lock in the trunk. It will beep as you close it . Probably would have to disable smart key access. Button is under the dash by steering wheel. Then use the metal key to open.

what about putting it in an ELECTROMAGNETIC bag (like the one that comes with the toll booth passes)

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know how to lock the KEY in the GS on purpose??

I park my car a parking lot that closes early.  In my old car, they would lock the key and I would have an extra one to open the door.

On the GS, you can seperate the actual metal key, so you could unlock the door with that....the problem is I cannot get the car to stay locked with the KEY inside - it keeps unlocking. 

The book says if you keep the key in the Glove Box, the car will not unlock, but it does.

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks

Okay I got a good one. If you have a sunroof ahy dont you have them lock the car and drop the key through a small opening in the sunroof but instead of just dropping it in the car and making it all obvious tell em put it in mcdonalds bag or somethin. How'd I do?

I actually got a method that works - I guess I should have posted it.

I got a little bag (like the one an ezpass comes in) and lined it with NUMEROUS layers of foil.

Then, once you put the key in the BAG the sensors stop working.

(The method suggested of wrapping it in foil also worked, but this is easier for them to handle)