Need Advice On Buying 97' Lx450

paulphilly

I am buying a beautiful 97' LX450 with only 42K miles and perfect condition inside and out. I got it for 22K. Is this a good deal? What should I do if it as far as mechanically? And, should I replace the suspension with OME coils and shocks immediately? Thanks for any advice you can give.

Paul - Ohio

I think the price is steep by atleast $3000. Dealer trade-in would be in the area of $15-16k. low miles is great but its still a 8 year old truck. Other then that I have a 97 with 99k miles and I love it. The truck is a tank. The solid axle is very stiff. So i definitely recommend the coils and shocks.

If you are going to keep the car a long time as a daily driver it may be worth somewhat more to you. If this is a truck your going to sell a few years down the road its going to be tough to find a buyer because it would be to old for most banks to give a loan 2 and most people wont have the $ you will be seeking.

Paul,

As I mentioned on "the other" forum...I think you're getting a good deal. As far as tech goes, you're not going to find more information here than over there.

As for the suspension, I think you'll be happier with the OME. I still have stock springs and shocks on the wife's LX 450 and it's not too bad, but the handling is not as good as with the OME.

Be aware that the OME suspension will be stiffer than stock Lexus suspension.

I am buying a beautiful 97' LX450 with only 42K miles and perfect condition inside and out.  I got it for 22K.  Is this a good deal? 

For the going rates, no. But comparatively (to other vehicles) it's not a bad value for the dollars, you just could have done better IMO. It's not overly difficult to find one of these rigs clean, so you paid about a 6 or 7k premium for the low mileage. Low mileage can be a little over rated for these vehicles considering these things should last 250k or so before overhaul. I bought mine a year and a half ago for $17,900 with 67k.

Paul,

As I mentioned on "the other" forum...I think you're getting a good deal.  As far as tech goes, you're not going to find more information here than over there.

As for the suspension, I think you'll be happier with the OME.  I still have stock springs and shocks on the wife's LX 450 and it's not too bad, but the handling is not as good as with the OME.

Be aware that the OME suspension will be stiffer than stock Lexus suspension.

I am with Norcaldoug errrr dougjohn!