Clunking Noise Puzzler

Hi there - I have a problem my mechanic cannot figure out. At lower speeds, while turning I hear a clunking noise from the left front around the wheel area. Especially when I turn into the garage which has a 1 inch ledge I hear this popping sound. When I drive on a parking lot going left and right I tend to hear the sound frequently.

First take of the mechanic was to replace my ball joints which I did. This did not solve the problem. As soon as I left the shop I heard the popping sound. :censored: I went back and they could not figure it out. They don't see anything suspicious ............ but suspect the lower bushings, bar chuckles?, strutts.

Did anyone encounter this? Any recommendations are very much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Hi there - I have a problem my mechanic cannot figure out. At lower speeds, while turning I hear a clunking noise from the left front around the wheel area. Especially when I turn into the garage which has a 1 inch ledge I hear this popping sound. When I drive on a parking lot going left and right I tend to hear the sound frequently.

First take of the mechanic was to replace my ball joints which I did. This did not solve the problem. As soon as I left the shop I heard the popping sound. :censored: I went back and they could not figure it out. They don't see anything suspicious ............ but suspect the lower bushings, bar chuckles?, strutts.

Did anyone encounter this? Any recommendations are very much appreciated!

Well Witz04? Can you give us an update? I got the same problem with my 00 GS300. Identical scenario.

Tex

2000 Cristal White GS300