If You Think Your Leather Is In Bad Condition

I can't believe how bad the leather on the driver seat of this 2001!!! es300 is. you need to scroll down until you see the interior pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

What could have done this? Look on the steering wheel too.

Thought you might like to see this.

Anyone else see leather worse than this?

I too am picky about the intimate details of the exterior and interior of a car, and seeing the condition of the driver's seat makes me want to run away from this otherwise fantastic looking ES :rolleyes: I don't think a simple leather cleaning and conditioning do-over would bring back the original look of the seat!

That car is really not that bad. It's wrinkled and worn, but I've seen much, much worse. The black stuff is probably dirt/oil build up/etc. which is easily removed with a Magic Eraser and 1 minute of time. A used car with leather problems is the best kind to buy because they are retardedly easy to fix either by any upholstry shop or buying a seat from a junker, and it's a good bargining point.

What you said.

Lexhol & vynol are the shiznits. I buy all three by the gallon! :D

Normally the leather get's dirty (oil/grease/dirt buildup) and as the leather wears and cracks, it embeds itself.

With some work you can get the stain out, but worn leather is just that. Worn leather.

blake918 great trick with the magic erase market. One of my friends showed me that a week ago and my jaw dropped!

It amazes me how people who have expensive cars let them get this way..

It's the same thing with maintenance.

Not to offend anyone, but the worst car maintainers are the ones with luxury brands.

They feel elite status because the own them, yet expect to either trade them before any maintenance is done, or they simply EXPECT !Removed! not to hit the fan because it's a "special" car.

That upsets me greatly. If you don't do the required maintenance, it's not GOING to last. The simple fact, is if you always did everything the OEM's says, on time, and to the full extent instead of half-assing it, with the parts they use from the factory, OR equivalent parts.

They would all last 1,000,000 miles on the original engine, and 500,000 miles on the original transmission.

Yes, Toyota few big cars (all Camry, Corolla, Celica based platforms) have become that good.

Do they last 300,000 miles? Hell no. Who's fault is it? Bad owners, and bad mechanics servicing them.

Who remembers that back in the day is was awsome that a car ran 100,000 miles with even large amounts of maintenance done?

Who has the right to complain when their fairly modern Toyota based car goes 100,000-150,000 miles without doing the specified maintenance done before random things start breaking?

I'm not saying anyone here falls into that category. What I'm saying is what I have found to be typical attitude, and typical situation over the last few years of really wrenching on things.

At least give cheap Yugo people credit... Being their only transportation, most get maintenance done on time. (assuming the POS's don't fall a part first, and that it's not a beater!)

My 14 year old leather, except for the top of the steering wheel and the shift knob, looks better than that car's. I think my car didnt get much use from the owner before me. :geek:

post-18112-1119649164_thumb.jpg