Hks Speed Limit Defencer? Yes Or No?

Has anyone tried using an HKS Speed Limit Defencer on a SC300/Soarer swap? My car is cutting off at around 119 mph and that's not acceptable for me. Any suggestions?

How much faster are you trying to go? Most people don't even get up to speeds this high on a given day/week.

tell me where you'll be becuase i don't want to be anywhere near you if you're going that fast.

any link with an exchange of money is veiwed as a buisness, please do not post it again.

Edited by SKperformance

I reach 90mph occassionally, I admit. Not very often...but I have done so. But going anything above isn't something that I recommend. The wheel base between the two front wheels are not very wide (whereas they are pretty wide on the new Mercedes SL500/55). That really hinders stability. Not only that, but our cars are heavy. The aerodynamics of the vehicle are decent...but certainly not the best.

I have the JDM 1jzgte and it does cut off right at 119mph. I am running 19x10's on the rear and 19x9's on the front with Eibach suspension. I don't believe the stability is a problem <_< . It's just that when i'm on the interstate and a local ricer pulls beside me, I don't want to be left sitting b/c my car hit the cut off. I'm currently running 12 lbs. of boost and it spools really fast, so I reach 119mph in a very short time. :whistles:

I have the JDM 1jzgte and it does cut off right at 119mph. I am running 19x10's on the rear and 19x9's on the front with Eibach suspension. I don't believe the stability is a problem <_< . It's just that when i'm on the interstate and a local ricer pulls beside me, I don't want to be left sitting b/c my car hit the cut off. I'm currently running 12 lbs. of boost and it spools really fast, so I reach 119mph in a very short time.  :whistles:

Why bother racing a "ricer"? Unless you consider yourself one too...

• 1 month later...

well i think what red is trying to say is its nice to know that u have the power to hit over 119 since the engine is capable but most ricers think adding a jdm headlight will boost hp 100% or adding nos is the best u shouldnt worry too much about it... also u should try autocrossing better then streeting agianist ricers

When you hit 119 you should be able to determine who one the race. races dont last forever on highways etc. if its inexpensive go for it. but its more of a reason to give you no limits, very dangerous. Now everytime you drive your gonna try to top out higher than the previous time. Greeeddddddddy

but if he autocrosses wouldnt it be nice to be able to hit over 119? auto crosses can possibly get up to those speeds

He never mentioned that he autocrossed so why are you speculating?

I don't know what autocrosses you attend, but they never reach that speed.

If he wants to kill himself, let him. Just answer his question. Jesus...

An HKS Speed Limit Defencer will fix your problem. Retail is around 120 bucks I think, which means online prices will be around 95-115 bucks.

Enjoy.

EDIT: I do have one question though. When you race these "ricers" is it still a close race when you hit your Speed Limiter? Or are you way ahead?

If he wants to kill himself, let him.  Just answer his question.  Jesus...

Fools that do that *BLEEP* endanger everyone on the road in their lane, in the other lane, and even off the road. Have a blow-out going 120? Yeah, enjoy keeping your car straight. If your car is so damn fast, go to the track and run some real cars, instead of triple digit ricer flybys.

If he wants to kill himself, let him.  Just answer his question.  Jesus...

Fools that do that *BLEEP* endanger everyone on the road in their lane, in the other lane, and even off the road. Have a blow-out going 120? Yeah, enjoy keeping your car straight. If your car is so damn fast, go to the track and run some real cars, instead of triple digit ricer flybys.

You know what? I couldn't agree with you more, but bitching at him on a Forum isn't going to do any good. Your words of wisdom don't mean anything to him. If he's dumb enough to race like that on the interstate, then he's not smart enough to hear a damn thing you say. That's the facts. He asked a question, as much as I don't respect what he does, I am a member of this forum, and by being here I'm willing to give people information on things that I know about, and they want to do to their car, no matter how ignorant it is. There's a point when quiet objection becomes dictation, and I'm not going to be the one to cross that line.

Sorry...

• 3 months later...